Fish & Reef Obsession

Fish Crazy

Thanks Craig - I did some searching yesterday and found that my level in the overflow is at the top of the caps so I will have to make some adjustments, I'll probably get Jack to come over since he did the original piping

Fish Crazy

New addition to the tank - my birthday is Sunday so Lynn brought me a surprise from Jack's the other night when she picked up the 160 crabs (Wheeler I hope you counted right) it's a very nice Blastumossa which is very dark red - I'll take pictures later and post them

Fish Crazy

I present the newest addition to the tank :crowd:

Blast.JPG

Here are some others that I've had for a while
Bubble.JPG

Buttons_Sun.JPG

Fish Crazy

So the tank is doing very well - did a 30 gallon water change yesterday and I noticed that the terminator II skimmer was not skimming and the water level was low so when I went to make adjustments I could not get the fitting loose to move it so I ended up taking everything out of the sump (Jack your ears should have been burning) and was able to get the tube set better and back to skimming like a big dog - it was amazing within an hour the water was crystle clear.

I read about the white levels for the solaris on another thread and may try to cut back the whites to 30% and see if it makes a difference I'm noticing that some of the coral look bleached so I'll try it for a week and retake the above coral and we can compare

Fish Crazy

I'll keep that in mind - I did blow through it to make sure it was clear but it was more fun to cuss about you when everything was very tight while I was moving around in the sump :)

Fish Crazy

Ok the whites have been dialed back to 30% on the Solaris and Lynn said the colors in the buttons, bubble coral ,and RBTA are coming out so we will keep it here for a week then make adjustments from there.

Also next weekend we have a 29 gallon tank that I'm going to set up for the ATO so any advice would be great

Fish Crazy

Well we seem to have misplace a fish - our Yellow Wrasse is either hiding very well or met an untimely departure - it has been over a week and I'm keeping my fingers crossed