Fish & Reef Obsession

Fish Crazy

The triggers are very fun to watch "Fred" chases "Ethel" all over the tank - there is a big rock up front that they can swim around and it's like watching those old movies with chase scenes in one door and come out in a different spot

Fish Crazy

Ok so we have a Mag 24 with accelerators for the returns and there is great flow, however the sand is blowing out of the corners - what should we do?

Also any thoughts on how to put corals lower in the tank and not have them covered with sand by the dragon wrasse and diamond goby?

Fish Crazy

I purchased a blood red cleaner shrimp the other night and had not even had time to take pictures when we just noticed the dragon wrasse eating something - urggg it's my shirmp - I hope he enjoyed his expensive meal

Fish Crazy

Well tragedy strikes again - I guess that is to be expected when you merge tanks. Last night we could not find the larger Black & White Clown and the tomoto clown has been picking on them so sure enough we found the fish on the floor behind the tank - so we moved the other 2 orange clown we have into the tank and spent over an hour getting the tomoato clown out of the tank -

We had the black clown for 2 years so it really (#@^%%^# me off that this happened - but at least we still have one left and it is getting along very well with the other clowns.

Fish Crazy

Ok this really blows, just when we thought the clown issues had been resolved the little black and white clown ended up on the floor - 2 years of baby and pampering them

Fish Crazy

A day without trama is a good day in the tank - Everyone is happy and healthy today can it be a sign or the calm before the storm

I've been swammped but I'll try to get pics up in the next day to show the progress of the tank

Fish Crazy

Chemistry in Tank on 7/3/08
SG 1.025
pH 8.2
Ammonia 0
Nitrites 0
Nitrates 0
Calcium 410
Phosphates 1.0

I hooked up the phosban reactor today to get the phosphates down

Fish Crazy

Fianlly after days of promising here are pictures :jumprope:

Leather_buttons_clam.JPG

The toadstool is one I purchased from Reef Magic a week ago
The buttons are from a single button left on the rock after moving the rest of the colony - they have doubled in the new tank

Star_Polyp.JPG

This is another Reef Magic coral purchased last week

Frog_Spawn_Trigger.JPG

This frog spawn from Reef magic was 3 times bigger last year then my goby dumped sand on it and you can see how much is gone - it is looking better in the new tank - this is Ethel the female blue jaw trigger outside of her cave

Favites.JPG

This favites also from Reef Magic is very vibrant red the unicorn tank we call spivy is a camera hog

Fish Crazy

So the toadstool leather in the pictures above has become the target of the male bluejaw trigger - this morning after feeding the tank he has decided that the leather is fun to play with

Fish Crazy

Thanks Craig - since we set up this tank evrything is thriving not sure if it because they have more room, or the new I series solaris light, or they like the new aquascaping with lots of caves and such - either way I'll take all the good I can get