DianaKay's RSM 250

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Monti-caps are amazing!! :) You will adore it once it starts to grow out and colour up :yup: I have no doubts it's going to love your tank :D

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Thanks for the vote of confidence Dom :)
I'm watching to see, it will be amazing to me to see color return to the purple monti if it does :thumbup:

My electrical power starting flickering on/off-on/off around 4AM....the sound of my tank pumps popping on & off woke me up. 5 hours so far :mad: Ice and wind blowing into the trees where electrical lines run & it's supposed to get worse before it gets better :( :snow:
So my tank is running on my generator to be safe for now. Thankful ONCE AGAIN that I have a generator.
I am so ready for Spring, but....wait....that's tornado season here :lookaroun

Paul B

Sorry to hear that Diana. My generator is ready as we just had a nice large snow fall and the temp is supposed to dip lower than it had in 40 years.
My fish are all huddled around the firefish and flame angel just in case.

Lumen

Thanks for the vote of confidence Dom :)
I'm watching to see, it will be amazing to me to see color return to the purple monti if it does :thumbup:

My electrical power starting flickering on/off-on/off around 4AM....the sound of my tank pumps popping on & off woke me up. 5 hours so far :mad: Ice and wind blowing into the trees where electrical lines run & it's supposed to get worse before it gets better :( :snow:
So my tank is running on my generator to be safe for now. Thankful ONCE AGAIN that I have a generator.
I am so ready for Spring, but....wait....that's tornado season here :lookaroun

The genny is such a lifesaver! Good luck and hope all comes right, fingers and toes crossed for you!

Sorry to hear that Diana. My generator is ready as we just had a nice large snow fall and the temp is supposed to dip lower than it had in 40 years.
My fish are all huddled around the firefish and flame angel just in case.

:laughroll :laughroll :laughroll

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Paul, you got me AGAIN :LOL:
Here I was reading and taking all that to heart & then I said "oh ship!!" Only a like word instead.
I don't have a Firefish or a flame angel so I better hope the generator keeps the heater going. ;)

Oh a strange but sad note:
My largest Scoly just THREW-UP :barf:
Upon farther investigation of the throw up contents...I could recognize a few grains of sand, a strand of Cheato and what turns out to be the shell off the back of one of my most favorite Stomatella Snails :maddown:
I really liked that snail (I only have ever had 3 :( ) so I hope the Scolymia enjoyed it's meal.
I didn't know they ate escargot.

Paul B

Here I was reading and taking all that to heart & then I said "oh ship!!" Only a like word instead.

Shop, you were going to say shop right? or was it chip. like in potato chips. OK I think it was chip. :bluesbros:

Fshlvr

Hey Diana, I just caught up with your thread, it was a lot! Lol.. But it's amazing how it's progressed! Great job!

ajbang

How are your pods doing Diana?

I put some in the DT when I got my CUC… at first I saw them come out at night but now they no longer come out - either they are afraid of the fishes and shrimp waiting on them or they are all gone :(

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
How are your pods doing Diana?

I put some in the DT when I got my CUC… at first I saw them come out at night but now they no longer come out - either they are afraid of the fishes and shrimp waiting on them or they are all gone :(

Hey Anthony, thanks for visiting my thread!
My pods are doing REALLY GOOD...I'm seeing lots of them in my refugium & numbers seem to be improving in my DT also. Yours are probably just finding better hiding places....I bet they are still there! :D

slfcaptain

Some pods are really tiny and nearly impossible to see with the naked eye. If you used a hand lens you might see more. And, Diana is right they are good at hiding. The best time for me to find them is at around 6-7am using a flashlight.

steve

ajbang

you guys were right I saw a big one swimming around the tank and then BAMM my coral beauty just snatched it… it was pretty cool to watch

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Unable to access the forums :cry1:
Just posting this note to let y'all know that I have NOT abandoned the the RS Ship....
Reef Sanctuary is experiencing TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES as of early yesterday.
The "Premium Ambassador" status has rendered ALL of the Ambassadors from accessing or being able to see the main RS page & forums. I have been told that Travis (RS Owner) is working to get this fixed.
I hope it gets fixed TODAY :fingerx:cause I can't stand not being able to see & comment on all posts :( :mad: :(

Last edited:

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
The sump DUMP update:
Today I'm doing something towards getting rid of the Cyanobacteria that has gotten worse in my refugium.
Not sure what it's going to take to keep it gone :(
It's only in the refugium so I shut off the Water flow to the refugium only. Scraped off the fuge walls & siphoned out all the cyano I could. About a 5 gal WC in the fuge that holds about 12 gallons. I moved my macro algae to the DT and plan to leave the lights off for at least a couple of days in the fuge.
Not sure if I should connect back the circulation of water to the DT or not? :ponder2:
There's a very small powerhead that ripples the top of the water...so will that be enough to keep my pods alive?
I'm just not wanting to chance the cyano moving to the DT after just being scraped off the fuge walls.
Any suggestion on what else to do are very welcome. Cyano is very frustrating :mad:

Paul B

Diana, throw some Chemi Clean in there if the cyano bothers you. No, it is not caused by phosphates, nitrates, low circulation, dim lights, phases of the moon, Rap music, or reality shows. What causes it? No one knows but many people think they do. There is something I like to call those people, and that thing is "wrong". No one really knows what causes it as it is not algae and not bacteria, it is a combination of both and is very common in the sea. Chemi Clean will eliminate it as will time. It will not hurt anything. Chemi Clean is not an antibiotic as many people think. I used to use it all the time, I would take it myself if I thought it would grow hair.