DianaKay's RSM 250

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Diana

Were the 2 pods purchases that you wrote about the only ones you did so far? DO you see more now in your DT?

Copepods are the ones I've been watching for in the DT....I HAVE been seeing them with the use of my tore up gun scope lens (strong magnification). I see them on the glass behind my newest ceramic shelf. I think they like DIRTY glass with ugly algae growth. I love watching them dance around. :dance:
I'm going to add more pods when I add my Mandarin, I'd like to NOT have to worry about them being all eaten up in two days time.

clairebear

It's coming along slowly (almost like cycling a new tank) and I'm enjoying the idea that I might soon have my own steady population of pods so that I can keep a Mandarin. That's my "dream fish" & the only fish that a "good" LFS back 18 years ago was kind enough to tell me "no" about buying ;)
I think I'm almost ready for one now :whstlr::thumbup:

That is exciting! I love mandarins too but I have decided for now that I'm not up for it. Which makes it all the more fun to read about them on RS!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Today's FTS:
01ff3ea3e93cb386980280274e5048b2_zpsb8e1e452.jpg
[/IMG]
Spent most of SuperBowl Sunday (Today) doing a 10gal. WC and manually removing GBA.
It was a chore & even though I don't see a single GBA spore now...I'm pretty sure it will be back in a week or two.
I removed the rock with the most GBA patches from the tank & used tweezers to get all I could see. Siphoned out the others left in the tank doing my WC. 1st thing I saw when I turned the MP10s back on was a HUGE GREEN BUBBLE blowing across my tank :mad: ....grabbed the net & caught it. I hate GBA :flaming:
Other than that & a little diatoms & cyano in the sump: ALL IS GOOD :thumbup:

Last edited:

Wolffman64

Today's FTS:
01ff3ea3e93cb386980280274e5048b2_zpsb8e1e452.jpg
[/IMG]
Spent most of SuperBowl Sunday (Today) doing a 10gal. WC and manually removing GBA.
It was a chore & even though I don't see a single GBA spore now...I'm pretty sure it will be back in a week or two.
I removed the rock with the most GBA patches from the tank & used tweezers to get all I could see. Siphoned out the others left in the tank doing my WC. 1st thing I saw when I turned the MP10s back on was a HUGE GREEN BUBBLE blowing across my tank :mad: ....grabbed the net & caught it. I hate GBA :flaming:
Other than that & a little diatoms & cyano in the sump: ALL IS GOOD :thumbup:

Hi Di, absolutely love your rock scape and coral placement! And still soooo envious of those frag racks on the back wall ;)

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Thank you all for the nice compliments. I feel like it's doing good at a year old. :)
My NEXT PLAN for it is to get a bright green Monti-cap & put it on the left side ceramic shelf between the other colors. They seem to grow pretty fast & I want the shelf below it to grow monti cap frags too.
Let me know if you think that's not a good idea. I know they break real easily....I've bumped & crumbled the red/orange one a time or 2 already. I don't think they will shade anything cause it's behind my rockscape.
....I'm still putting off any SPS stick corals cause I'm not ready for dosing yet, scared of that ;)

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
when is the mandarin in your sights Diana?

This SPRING Ziggy!! Can't hardly wait....if I find one at a LFS and it looks healthy & fat, I might get it sooner.
I just don't want to chance delays in flights & ground travel during our icy weather right now.
I can't pick up at UPS or FedEx facility because there isn't one close to where I live.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
your scan garden is looking beautiful… do you have them attached to a rock or on sandbed?
Thank You, I love them :) They aren't sitting directly on the sand bed, they are on rocks.
Not sure what is best but they seem to like where they are.
They Nuclear Holocaust Palys are trying to take over I may have to move 'em :ponder2:

Last edited:

Snyper19

PREMIUM
how long it took you for your Candy Canes to start multiplying? they look awesome... mine currently just have 4 heads.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
how long it took you for your Candy Canes to start multiplying? they look awesome... mine currently just have 4 heads.
Thank you, I think they grow really fast after they get settled in :)
I added the Green Candy Cane on 6-16-2013 & it had about 8 heads....a couple of months later I accidentally broke it into two. So now I have one on the left side & one on the right side of my tank. Both have at least doubled in head count. :D Yours will take off if they like where they are. They are easy to frag too :yup:

yorkieUK

PREMIUM
Hi Di, :java:
I love your Scolymia. The colour is fantastic. Does the colour change under different lighting?
Can't wait to see your Mandarin when you get it. They're my favorite reef fish of all time. Unfortunately, I think my tank will be too small for one but who knows what the future may bring? Once I've settled with this tank for a few years, I might upgrade......
Love what you are doing,
Wayne.
:hug1:

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Thanks for the nice compliments Wayne! :)
null_zps001687cd.jpg
[/IMG]
My "Bleeding Apple" stays bright (almost florescent) under any light but the blue/red seems to look more dull colored when the blue LEDs are not on. I enjoy both of them...if they weren't so expensive, I might have 3 :yup:
I recommend getting one if you have plenty of room on your sand bed :thumbup:

yorkieUK

PREMIUM
Hi Di, :hallo:

What size are you expecting them to grow to?:ponder2:
Is your Bleeding Apple definitely having a bambino? :bigbounce

Wayne.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
The Scoly "baby bump" is still there...but I can't tell it's getting any bigger.
Here's the only picture I've ever taken where it shows that it is a separate being:
null_zps4e869357.jpg
[/IMG]
It's not showing any growth that I can tell tho.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
52c16c618118fa0e1325adc363851266_zps2a3e793b.jpg
[/IMG]
Said GOODBYE to probably the worst livestock mistake I made so far. I bought him almost a year ago (2-25-2013) and he actually seemed to be doing real good in my tank. But I think my tank will do better without him & it's been bugging me. So today, I took him to the LSF in town & ask them to find him a new home.
I feel guilty :maddown: but I'll get over it.