DianaKay's RSM 250

Paul B

I would dump that entire thing in my tank, but thats just me. I want that bacteria even more than the pods. :bluesbros:

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
I would dump that entire thing in my tank, but thats just me. I want that bacteria even more than the pods. :bluesbros:
Beings how mine are going into my refugium, I will probably do that also. I'm just concerned about the pods being alive after being bagged in shipping for 4 days :bouncebox

david42

How I introduced the "Pod Salad". I have a 1 gallon jug I use for tank maintenance. I put some tank water in that. Then I I put the filter media in that so I could pull out the large bits of salad greens out. I didn't worry about the smaller stuff. From there it was just putting the filter media in tank like normal.
Over all it wasn't that bad. At first I was worried. Think it was just the initial shock of " I didn't order a side salad"

ziggy

Beings how mine are going into my refugium, I will probably do that also. I'm just concerned about the pods being alive after being bagged in shipping for 4 days :bouncebox

So your place did not send them overnight nor 2nd day delivery?

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
So your place did not send them overnight nor 2nd day delivery?

No, and I hope it was OK to trust their judgement....it will be a crappy waste of $45. if this doesn't work out good.
If I'm not happy with what arrives, I'll work something out with the shipper.

Paul B

I would send you a bucket of them but I sent a bunch of them to Bob Goemans in Arizona a few years ago and he thanked me for the boiled shrimp.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
I would send you a bucket:laughroll:laughroll of them but I sent a bunch of them to Bob Goemans in Arizona a few years ago and he thanked me for the boiled shrimp.
Them must of been some BIG BUGS :LOL:
:laughroll :D :laughroll

My pods arrived today ....they look really good :yehoo:
I made a video of putting them in my refugium but
I CAN NOT FIGURE OUT HOW TO UPLOAD IT using photobucket :(

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Installing my pods (this video might NOT work, I usually can't make them work!) into the refugium today:
[video] [/video]

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Thanks David! My "side salad" didn't look to be as generous as yours :yup:
Now, wondering what I need to be adding to my refugium to feed the little roaches??
I add a few sinking pellets, not sure what to put in for any of the too tiny to see pods. :ponder2:
If they were in the display tank where fish poop, then I'd think that I might not need to supplement.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Nice video. Hope those work out for you. Be careful, looks like cyano in the video.
The cyano is clearing up....being a new refugium and not having fine tuned the water flow to it, I excepted much worse. I've added a tiny powerhead and a rotating deflector as well as some snails. I have never cleaned the acrylic sides, the pods seem to be eating it, it's more hairy type than slime. It disappeared off of the sand bed. It's better for it to be in the fuge than in the DT. I'm giving it time to go away before I get too concerned.
Any suggestion on how to manage it are appreciated tho! :)

david42

How about feeding cyclopeeze ?
If it can feed baby brine shrimp it should work. I saw my pods eating the shrimp pellets. I fed tank before putting pods in

ziggy

Congrats on the pods diana

I can't see the video. Did you just pour everything in, bacteria and all as paul suggests?

ziggy

The cyano is clearing up....being a new refugium and not having fine tuned the water flow to it, I excepted much worse. I've added a tiny powerhead and a rotating deflector as well as some snails. I have never cleaned the acrylic sides, the pods seem to be eating it, it's more hairy type than slime. It disappeared off of the sand bed. It's better for it to be in the fuge than in the DT. I'm giving it time to go away before I get too concerned.
Any suggestion on how to manage it are appreciated tho! :)

Diana

Since your always feeding our appetite regarding what you see with the magnifying glass... it would be a nice present on our end if you worked out a way to take a pic looking at a critter through that glass.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Ziggy, I don't have a real camera....not smart enough to figure one out :(
I only take pictures with my iPad & my iPhone. Someday, I'd like to have time to learn how to use a camera. But that's a whole new project & I don't get enough days off of work to take a class.
Maybe when Apple comes out with a better camera I will have my 5year old granddaughter teach me how to use it. :D

My pods all disappeared into the sand and rocks...only see them running around if I shine a flashlight in the refugium when the lights have been off for awhile. They aren't really much fun :( but I guess that's how life is in the world of pod growing.