Chris's Red sea max

Rue

Your English is better than my German...

...good guess!

...I grew up speaking German, but haven't for years now...kinda miss it! Maybe I need to take a trip...er, to Germany...

Madfish

Danke Schön, Merci beaucoup, (ääähhh what a show off):guns:

Rue:
Where do you live in SK ? Osler ? I have been to saskatoon and lived in Osler 2 times. Once for 4 weeks and the other time for 3 weeks.

Talk to you all laters

Madfish

Dear Reefers,

I am now back from my little holiday in the swiss army. It was very snowy and not very warm. I am Glad to be back to be able to take care of my little reef.

I how you are all doing well and that your littles reefs do even better.

I will soon pick up the upgrading and keep you posted about the different mods.

1 thing I can already tell you, The test with the micron bag in the filtering tower was not satisfiing. To much maintenance. I am back to a standart filtration.

Talk to you soon

Madfish

Well Hello,

In the post 58, I posted Pictures of the my home made filtering tower with a Micron bag.

After 1 month of testing, I can tell you that this is a bad way. It is had to take the bag out of the tank. Horrible to clean the bag and ever worse, I lost the red coral in the center of the tank.

Probably because the bag was in the wather an ever i was cleaning it once a week it is probably no good to have all this filtered junk in the tank all the time.

That means that I will stick with the original RAC. the one with the blue plastic.

Have a nice day.

chris

Madfish

Good Morning You all !

I know that it has been a while but I didn't have anything interesting to tell you.

My Max is doing OK, I sufferend quiet a bit while I was in the army but I am working hard to get it back to the old standard.

It must tell your that the test with the Acroporas did not work out quiet as planed. I guess the light is to week. So I am thinking of maybe changing the light.

I am looking at an HQI 250w. Did anyone do that already ? Do you have to install a cooling sys. if you upgrade to such a light ?

Take care

Chris

dmyers557

Depending on how high you place the light, but most likely you will ned a chiller. I have the 150 watt MH and need a chiller, but money is low.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Madfish - I run a Current Orbit raised hood - 150 W MH & 96W of T5 actinics. Keeping the house cool (70-75 F), and using a dual cooling fan I can get by with no chiller, with the tank maxing out at 80-81 F in summer. I think the raised hood and fans actually runs cooler than the RSM hood did. But, it takes a lot of top-off water, and an ATO makes that easy. In winter I don't use the fans.

Sapphire

Have just seen you tank pics - beautiful! Love the colour of that feather duster..... look forward to seeing some more pics as the tank matures. Love your purple gorgonian too (wish we could get those here in NZ - I seem to kep saying that about various corals etc!!)

Madfish

Thank you Sapphire,

I am sure you can get many other species that we can not get in Europe :-(

But i wonder ? Isn't it possible to order it from your local store ?

Laters

Chris

He probably means money is tight? But anyways Chris just looking at this makes me want a RSM. But i have a biocube and im happy with it. Maybe one day I will have one. Beautiful Tank

Madfish

He probably means money is tight? But anyways Chris just looking at this makes me want a RSM. But i have a biocube and im happy with it. Maybe one day I will have one. Beautiful Tank

Well thank you. I think biocube's are cool. As soon will get the chance, I will get one and make a "one type of fish only" tank. I guess with clowns or cardinals. We'll see.

Madfish

Tonight there is a big arrival of RICORDEA FLORIDA at my friend's store. I have been waiting for 18 month for that. :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

I hope there are going to be nice colours........ I will let you know soon !

Laters

Chris