Chris's Red sea max

Madfish

Since I have been doomed to be whipped out with a strand of caulerpa I will now introduce myself.:hammerhea :yup: :yup:

My name is Chris, I live in Switzerland and I own a RSM 130L since december 2007. I am still learning but it seems to work not to bad for me know.

Soon I will post a few pictures.

Look forward to meet you guys.

Kinde regards

jjohnson3

Hey Chris! Welcome to RS.com! I will patiently wait for pics and if I don't see any, I will give you 40 lashes with a strand of caulerpa!!!!!!! HAHA! J/K.

Rue

I'm so glad you found us! Looking forward to pictures of your tank...and your caulerpa...

Madfish

Hello Reefers,

Here some technical informations about my tank:

- Tunze 9002 skeemer + Home made filtering tower
- Tunze Nanostream 6025
- De Bary UV-Steriliser
- 1048 EHEIM universal Pump
- Jebo Multi-fan (4)

More will come

Chris

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Welcome Chris!

I work for a Swiss company, and I believe you may be our first RSM owner from Switzerland. Your tank setup sounds nice, and I will also be looking forward to seeing it!

Madfish

Welcome Chris!

I work for a Swiss company, and I believe you may be our first RSM owner from Switzerland. Your tank setup sounds nice, and I will also be looking forward to seeing it!

What company do you work for ?

I know quiet a few people from a swiss forum that own à RSM.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Madfish - I've worked for Clariant, headquarters in Basel, for 30 years. How much longer I work here is questionable, as we just got word yesterday of an additional 1000 people to be terminated soon, on top of the 2200 announced previously. :(

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
I just take one day at a time. They've already offered me and all of the other older folks a "package" to leave voluntarily, which is not a good sign. I turned it down. Hopefully I won't regret it! Strong rumors that some of us will be chopped this week or next, and the rest by the end of March. Back to topic now!

Still awaiting a picture of Chris's tank :)

jjohnson3

We are still waiting Chris! Im anxious to see another redseama experience! If not, you are doomed to caulerpa...Mwooohahahahaha!!!!!! J/k

Madfish

Well well, I will get you pictures as soon as my Sarkophyton will be heald.

He is having a hard time for almoste 6 weeks now but slowly but (hopefully) surely, he does better.

It is just that it takes time and you want to see him as well because he is beautifull.

Well since I have given away a little peace, i will tell you a bit more about sako's roomies:

2 Amphiprion percula in an Purple and Green tip anemone
1 Centropyge acanthops
1 Gramma-loreto.
2 Gobiodon okinawae
1 Green banded Gobi
2 Nemateleotris magnifica
1 Serranus tortugarum

+ Cleaning Team

Hard and Soft corals

Well if this doesn't get you guys hungry !!!:whip:

P.S: Who loaded ut this gay Spiderman ?? :rougiem:

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Madfish - I replaced the RSM hood with a Current Outer Orbit Pro in October 2007. It's a raised fixture - 150W HQI (a 14k lamp now), 48W of 420 actinics, 48W of 460 actinics, 6 blue & 6 white moonlights.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Mavjoy - I got mine at Petmountain in 2007, they had the best price at the time and a coupon. There are different versions of Outer Orbit - some the MH + PC and are a bit lower priced. This is the one I got (Model 1070):

Outer Orbit Pro

The Current USA site gives more info. on it. Shop around first - there may be better prices out there, but this place is usually one of the lower priced places. Looks like they have a 5% off coupon also.

There are some disavantages to a raised hood - more evaporation, have to take the hood off to scrape coralline, light bleed over, etc. but I like mine.