Search results

1. M

Braces-less aquarium with 2cm glass thikness

As i have been 2 years in this hobby , and safety is my concern , i am willing to replace my aquarium tank with another but Braces-less. Its dimension 170 cm Length , 70 cm depth , 60 cm hight , all is by 2 cm thickness and tempered glass .( old tank 12 cm thickness tempered ) Is it oky...
  2. M

I am taking my tank braces out !!!!

Well as i consider safety factor is very important . Tank dimension is 170cm L x 55cm D x 75cm Hight( 12mm thickens ) temperd glass i had this braces 2 years old when i built the tank its 15 cm wide and its 10mm thickens , what will happen if i take them out ??????????? also they are...
  3. M

FIne Sand VS Cruched Corals for tank display !!

Dear Reef experts Well after 2 years old tank , i decide to change half of my display sand bed , i always love the fine white sand in my display , looks natural , but when later i decide to go for sps corals , i found that some sand storms make the sps corals unhappy ,so i am thinking to...
  4. M

question about the new tunzeTurbelle® stream

well ,the new tunze Turbelle® stream pumps look great and powerfull ,and i am thinking of them , and i need your opinion for it ,,if any any have tryed them, and which combination is better for a 180 gal mixed reef i need to choose from 2 x tunze 6205 ,,,,,,,,22000 l/h 4 x tunze 6105...
  5. M

reducing nirates level ...?

I am changing my filttering system from consister filters to sump with turff scrubber and i thought that replacing my socks filter with LR rubble , but i am afraid to have a dirty tank ,, what are the pro and cons for this changings ?? all i want to do reduce my nitrate levels ..my tank is 180...
  6. M

DSB+cheeto or ALGEE scrubber ???????

oky first these are my data base : Water parameters Ammonia 0 Nitrite 0 Nitrate 50 Calcium 500 Alk 4 SG 1.26 Temperature 25 c System parameters Tank size 180 x 55 x75 cm Lighting 2x150 , 1x250 all 14000 k + 2 pc actinic Filtration 4x consister ehime filter Skimmer tunza 9010...
  7. M

how to clean my ph and orp probes??

please help me how to clean my probes ph and orp and temp?? thanks
  8. M

live rock & lights ???

does LR can survive in darkness ,, with no lights at all??? I am willing to fill my ehime consister filter (( clasic 2050)) with many small piece of LR and take out all the ceramic ehime media out becous its a nitrate factory , this is due to I am not using a sump !!! So I hope that u give me...
  9. M

Help with media cleaning ? Hi from egypt :)

consedring me that i live in egypt and i have no sump or overflow box to my 180 gal marine tank , i found that i have no choice to use external filters. so i ended up with 3 diffrent consister filters: Eheim Professionel 3e Electronic External Filter 2078 Eheim Pro Wet / Dry Canister...
  10. M

schuran jetskim 150 ????

hi every one .. is any body heard or got one of these skimmers ... (( schuran jetskim 150 ))?????????????????? i am looking for a good skimmer for 180 gal fish tank with few sps corals ?????? i realy need your help thanks
  11. M

German skimmer ???

i oready have the Tunze DOC Protein Skimmer 9010 and i am looking for new bigger one called schuran jetskim 150 ....i have 180 gallon mostly fish tank feeding 2 times a day i hope you are famillier with any of them and let me know which is better ? tunze link Tunze DOC Protein Skimmer 9010...
  12. M

How To Catch Small Fish ???

HOW TO CATCH SMALL FISH in a 180 gallon aquarium with many places to hide ,,,,, i got 3 small sea cleaners and i dont want them any more ,and i need them out of my tank ,,I tryed by the net but no way ? i think i need some idea like a trap ,,, well if any one got the same problem and got an...
  13. M

hight calcium & alkaline levels with low ph ?

i really dont know why .never add calcium to water, has any one got this situation before ,,or why this can happen ?
  14. M

ozonizer recomendation !!!

i really need the ozonizer to be controled with my neptune controle in my 180 gal tank but i really need to get a good one , i have surf the net and i found its very danger equipment to have it in your house ,so please help me in finding that .
  15. M

algee question ??

well its almost 2 month now for my new 180 gal , to be established ,and i think every thing is going well. i just need to know if the brown and green algee have a bad affect in my tank , i do only clean my front view display but i never tried the back ,i think if i did my water will be so dirty...
  16. M

male or female question ??

hi guys ,,,well i kept a single maroon fish for a year and i wish i could get her or him :) a mate ,,,the problem is i dont know the diffrent between or how to tell the diffrent ,,,,and i kept this single for a year i wont change it to get pair ,, i wish that i could found her a mate,,,,,,and...
  17. M

dead /live rock question !!!1

i know its a stupid question but i need your help ..well i just turn on my new 180 gal the water sg ,1.26 ph 8.3,amonia 0,ni 0,na 15 levels are stabel ,, i took old water from my tank with and new sand and dead rock in my new tank after checking all levels is good and stable i add damsels and...
  18. M

ICH question !

i am upgrading from 80 gal to 180 gal .and i have ich problems befor ,,which is better to take my old rocks and sand or go for a new and take as much as i can from my old water only ,and if i decide to go for new sand and dead rock it will affect badlly on my live stock when i entroduce it to...
  19. M

wet/dry filter and nitrates ???

i just add to my system a new wet dry filter ,,and i dont know if it will make my nitrates hight or not .. please if any of u are familier with this wet/dry filter please reply ,i dont want to lose of my plants and live stock i got this filter couse i dont use sump
  20. M

which calcium reactor ???

geos reef or karolline ?