Search results

1. iluvzigz

ph and alk - again!!

I know this has been covered a million times but i know everyones tank is different. OK this has been going on for a while now but i need to do somthing more permanent. my levels are as follows: sal-1.022 amn-0 trite-0 trate-10 ph-7.7 phos- .2 calc-500 alk-8.4 dkh I dont currently...
  2. iluvzigz

new frag shots

Here area acouple of photos of my new zoas that i got yesterday. These are the best pics i can get . Both of these on the top are new -the ones in the back are sweet "dragon eyes"..actually they're both sweet! those flicks are the best that i can do....even though i have a...
  3. iluvzigz

candy hogfish RIP

Today i came home..right to the tank as usual. Looking around-...HMMM...i dont recall seeing my hogfish in a day or so. Decide to check under the stand. Sure enough guess he jumped. Stiff lil bugger. Fare well my bright yellow friend.
  4. iluvzigz

zoa for 600 dollars!!!??

Am i crazy or are they?? you be the judge!-- http://www.frags.org/memberfragdetails.php?fid=2561
  5. iluvzigz

orange algae ID

I've been seeing some algae forming on a coupe of rocks lately..its actually pretty cool looking . Bright orange with darker maroon(normal red algae color) outlining the actual plant very colorful ..i plan on keeping them .. was just wondering if someone knew some info on them..thanks
  6. iluvzigz

caught a monster

ok hello all i havent been on here in a couple of days but i just thought id let everyone know that i caught the pesky crab thats been terrorizing my tank...FINNALLY!! lets get the booze and the beer cause im celebrating..i am soooo happy to finnaly rid my tank of this demon can someone...
  7. iluvzigz

crab trap w/no luck

ok ive been trying to catch this crab... he must've been a hitchhiker when the tank was setup ,cause i would never put this sucker in..... ive been trying the shrimp in a bottle technique..but nothing he is running amuck killing and picking and moving everythingin its path...everything...
  8. iluvzigz

LFS bad water

everything was fine...i havent done a WC ohhh prob. almost 3 weeks ..decided i better do one to get everything in check....well did my WC then everything looked shrunk up just figured it was from the WC...today i come home and half the stuff is still small...particularly the xenia and leathers...
  9. iluvzigz

labouti wrasse

Im sure some of my friends out here can help me.. ok so im ready for another fish..i went to a new local fish store (new to me i should say) and put a labouti wrasse on hold...the guy said he just got the shipment and said the fish will be ready on monday. does anyone have any imput on...
  10. iluvzigz

OT/ ebay auction

IM not sure if this is funny or gonna be creepy check out some of this guys auctions like the "does size matter"... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110029258162
  11. iluvzigz

New Tank

a local guy has a tank 125 gal AGA with dual over flows, no scratches used for 3 months for 300 bucks.. i was wondering if its a good deal or should i hold out for that bowfront ive been wanting??? i have a 55 now and i need somemore room to aquascape bad. what do you guys think??
  12. iluvzigz

hurricane ernesto....

"OT" hurricane ernesto.... well as everyone knows if they watch the news this hurricane is coming straght for florida...we are now offically in a hurricane watch..it is chaos here already gas lines are 30-45 minutes long and home depot and such ..well forget it.I live in palm beach county and...
  13. iluvzigz

snails eating it clean..too clean?

I just added about 10 snails and 3 mexican turbos to the line up about 2 weeks ago..well they are doing great..maybe a little too great...they have eatin every ounce of algae they even ate all of my corraline forming on the glass,prob even the stuff forming on the rocks too... yea that may be...
  14. iluvzigz

penguins and octopus crash

OT~penguins and octopus crash what a sight to see.... http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/penguin09.html
  15. iluvzigz

zigz 55 gal television

Well i figured it was time to stop being lazy and make a page of my tank just a little info setup since march '06 55 gallon -45 lbs live rock 250 watt pc 10,000/actinic cinn. clown , damsel, pj cardinal, spotted dragonet, barred goby, dragon /banded goby, 2 queen conchs -green bubble...
  16. iluvzigz

LFS today...

just went to the LFS and got all my water tested my clac is @ 380 lil low and my alk is aat 13.3 a bit too high i need to swap the two and adjust my dosage.....my nitrAtes were at 15! man it must be that cyclopeeze i started on...i think ive been i lil heavy, i need to get used to it ..gonna...
  17. iluvzigz

s.fla frag show

Frag trade/show this weekend sunday around 2:00 in south florida /ft.luderdale area .If anyones interested let me know im gonna go. maybe Ill see some of you out there.:)
  18. iluvzigz

dying gorgonia??

i am posting pics of my gorgonia in two spots it is slowly turning brown.totally losing its color in those areas...gorg as awhole looks great..polyps come out everyday..but at the base and one quarter inch spot on a "branch" it is bare!! Is it slowly dying you think ..I hope not.. Ive had it for...
  19. iluvzigz

scam sellers?

How weary should you be of people joining R.S. ,and noticing their first post is trying to sell somthing.Can you trust them or what they're selling? IMO id rather buy from someone whos an active member. Not saying anyone has bad intentions .Just curious if anyone has thought of that before....
  20. iluvzigz

monti cap frag

I just picked up a frag from a friend of a red/orange monti cap , and was wondering how well it would do in my tank considering the lights i have = 250 watts pc actinic/10,000 I think i have 4-5 watts per gallon, the tank it came from was about 15 per..! It would probibly lose alot of color...