zigz 55 gal television

iluvzigz

PREMIUM
Well i figured it was time to stop being lazy and make a page of my tank just a little info

setup since march '06
55 gallon -45 lbs live rock 250 watt pc 10,000/actinic

cinn. clown , damsel, pj cardinal, spotted dragonet, barred goby, dragon /banded goby, 2 queen conchs

-green bubble coral
green zoas
brown and orange zoas
white and pink zoas
rock anenome
plate coral
green blastos
pink and orange riccordia
red and purple mushrooms
rose anenome(clowns home)
star polyps
green and purple frogspawn
gorgonia
toadstool leather
seamatt polyps (been in rehab for months)
orange sponge
yellow sponge
cabbage leather
lots of live plants caullepra prolifera and caullepra racemosa

im just posting some updates on my tank..i will modify this when i get more time..here are pics of my latest additons to the tank.
newpieces020.jpg

Yellow sponge
newpieces015.jpg

Blastos
newpieces019.jpg

Xenia and cabbage leather
newpieces009.jpg

rock anenome
newpieces023.jpg

brown and orange zoas

I also got another colony of zoas but im gonna wait to get a better pic they havent come out all the way since i got them but they're getting better everyday ..

an orange plate coral sits in the sand bed waiting to be photographed aswell

Last edited:

JFK_Jr

PREMIUM
Nice pieces :thumbup:

Did you get them at the FMAS trade show?

I wasn't able to make it... if you are ever down that area again... there's a great place a couple of miles away on Orange Dr. and 441 called "Reefs Edge".

Reefs Edge
4707 Orange Dr., Davie FL. 33314
Toll Free: 1.866.823.5653
Local: 954.316.5153
Fax: 954.641.0557
E-mail: reefs@bellsouth.net
http://www.reefsedge.com/

iluvzigz

PREMIUM
Im off to the LFS to trade in my red monti cap for somthing else..it just not doing well with my lights, i love this piece i dont wanna give it up...but i have too.

In other news..haha...my anenome has decided to jump onto my bubble coral and sting everything in its path- damn you anenome ..i love the BTA but i would put it in its own tank w/o corals if i could :thumbup:
anenometravels001.jpg

iluvzigz

PREMIUM
Also here is the picture of my new plate coral ..he is fun to watch him eat
newpieces017.jpg

my riccordea decided to spilt yesterday i got a pic of it -im excited...!
newpieces032.jpg

Gina

RS STAFF
Cool pic of the Ric!
First pic is nice also even though, your bubble coral doesn't look to pleased about what is going on!

iluvzigz

PREMIUM
the anenenome decided to go right back where it started after roaming through the whole tank ..almost like playing musical chairs w/ the corals...

I took the frag of the monti back to the LFS ..but they said that they couldnt give me credit until they see some life come back to that thing aparently some of the tissue had begun to recede-we'll see what happens

I have put my FORURTH pair of shrimp (the previous three didnt make it)
so far so good they have lived alot longer than 2 days its been two weeks they are eating and seem to be doing great..*Knock on wood*

my new plants i dont know how they are doing

caulerpa racemosathe bulb looking ones

boat008.jpg

deadplant003.jpg

This is my second time trying these and already one patch has lost its green color what would cause that to happen..i have other plants in my tank that do very well...any advice?

iluvzigz

PREMIUM
i forgot to update this too..

latest shot of the tank 8-8-06
anenometravels004-1.jpg

wow i didnt relize how bad that photo was:doh: ...wheres billy..

Taylor_made

Very Nice! I love your macro algae, what cool looking reef tank. The yellow sponge is great, how old is it? I know they are hard to keep alive, it looks so natural in your tank. Your colors all seem to pop!

Taylor

iluvzigz

PREMIUM
the yellow sponge i just gotabout a week ago but i have an orange one in the corner that ive had for 5 months now ..since i set the tank up...

Thanks alot for te compliments!:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

iluvzigz

PREMIUM
iluvzigz said:
my new plants i dont know how they are doing

caulerpa racemosathe bulb looking ones

boat008.jpg

deadplant003.jpg

This is my second time trying these and already one patch has lost its green color what would cause that to happen..i have other plants in my tank that do very well...any advice?

does anyone know about the plant ..and why they might die off ive had a hard time gettin these suckers to stay alive ..the person i got these from has them thriving..my other plants do ok

iluvzigz

PREMIUM
while checking out the tank yesterday i discovered a crab..:bouncebox A CRAB! i cant tell exactly what kind but none the less it was a crab! uhhh! what to do.... he hides behind the rocks,and i barely saw em'~im not gonna tear apart my tank for this sucker ..not yet anyways.HEHE

ive never put crabs in my tank ..he mustve hichicked his way in on the LR when i first set it up ..he is a big sucker too prob about the size of a quarter (well thats big to me anyways) ..do the crabs eat pepp. shrimp?:confused: maybe thats where my shrimp are going..? i havent noticed any pepps in a couple of days..

oh brother i guess i'll will have to spear him an cook em:shades:

AHH but wait i just went to double check on em B4 i posted this and saw one of my shrimp..but some are still missing i hope my corals arnt on the menu next!

Gina

RS STAFF
Try to catch him using a glass tilted in the sand or up against the rock with a piece of shrimp in it. I've heard of people using this tatic and alot have had success with it.