New Tank

iluvzigz

PREMIUM
a local guy has a tank 125 gal AGA with dual over flows, no scratches used for 3 months for 300 bucks..

i was wondering if its a good deal or should i hold out for that bowfront ive been wanting??? i have a 55 now and i need somemore room to aquascape bad.
what do you guys think??

Scouter Steve

I have a 125 freshwater and my 120 salt. I considered a 155 bow at one time but distortion from bent glass did worry me. Look at one set up for a while in a LFS and you will see what I mean. Also I don't know how you are with scraping a rounded surface...

Gibeon

I have a 26 bowfront now, and it's going to be the last bowfront I buy. If you look at something obliquely (sp?) through the front, the distorition hurts. It can ruin an otherwise pleasurable viewing experience.

On the other hand. When the glass is REALLY clean, and you have the room lights off, fish will appear to float out into the room. Very trippy and cool.

All that said - $300 for a reef ready 125 AGA sounds like a great deal to me!

iluvzigz

PREMIUM
thanks gibeon i was waondering my LFS only makes custom tanks and was wondering what they go for ..i think im gonna purchase it then....in hopes of a future upgrade.:whstlr:

steve, if i did get a bow front i would just srape it in a sideways motion with the curve.i would like a real long one for my FW eventually too

i own an AGA 125. The second one i have owned. I sold the first one for $100
when i moved, and bought new again. I like the tank and made the following modifications. I did not buy the corner overflow kit they sell. I use a durso set up much less $ and works great. also i found that the tank was a little low for my taste. Nice when sitting on the couch but you would have to bend when standing to look at it so i raised the stand 12" the second time around. Just built an oak base to go under the tank, which extended on both ends so i could stand on the ends of the oak base and get into the corner overflows easier.

Witfull

had a bowfront and the distortion is mildly annoying,,,but trying to take pics,,,major PITA

iluvzigz

PREMIUM
thanks everyone for the info ..i just got the dimensions..72" long i didnt relize it was actually that big...man this is gonna be like christmas!!:whstlr:

Frankie

RS STAFF
The 200+ bow fronts are really nice and there is very min. distortion. Theres also a cool roller scraper they make for round tanks you might look into if you get this one.

lcstorc

You will be amazed how small it starts to look after a while. LOL
I have a 72in 125g and thought it was huge when we brought it home. Now I keep talking about adding another bigger tank and turning the 125 into FOWLR. Someday, I will. Just a matter of time and $.

cecilio

hi
i have a 72gals and 155 gal bowfront tanks, and i love how they looks, in my opinion
you have a better depht which gives a better view ot the tank

lcstorc

The wave tank has a curved front. One side curves in and the other side curves out. Kind of like an s shape if you look down from the top. Looks really cool but I don't know how practical it is.

djcmeeks

I have a 72g Bowfront and have enjoed every minute of it....well except the hang on overflow box. Cleaning is no big deal. Just turn your scraper horizontally. Closeup pictures are a real PITA. I'm selling mine by the way, if anyone in Georgia is interested.