Search results

1. Brandon78

Expert needed for stand.

Hello everyone. I am building a stand for a 93 cube. Here's what I have and need some advice. So it's a rough picture but what do you all think of this. The tank is 30x30. The sump is 30 long. I could make the stand 31x31 but then the tank wouldn't be 100% over the 2x4 frame. Which may or...
  2. Brandon78

buying used rock and sand

Ok found a guy selling 50 pounds of live rock with coraline growth, been in a tank for 5 years, "just needs to be maintained" (dont know what he means by that) and 100lbs of aragonite sand. He said the tank was sold so the rock is in the other tank and the sand is in a rubber tub with water from...
  3. Brandon78

The worlds biggest Aiptasia?????

I came upon a new fish store this weekend. Had a lot of really cool stuff. However, this caught my attention. They claim to have the worlds largest aiptasia. But it gets better. It is for sale for.....$482, no lie. Pics are bad but it does say $482 and that is an adult royal gramma underneath it...
  4. Brandon78

lookin for powerheads

Im in need of another power head for a 50 gal tank. Figured id see if anyone has a spare layin around the'yd toss at me for a good price before I go buy one. Anything around 700gph would be ideal.
  5. Brandon78

Brandons man cave build

Well I've been convinced to get another tank. 24 gallon oceanic nano, to good a deal to resist, tank heater power head hood pump and lights and all I have to replace is one bulb all for under $100. I'm puttin this tank in my game room/ man cave. I'm takin it super slow and not rushing like i...
  6. Brandon78

Should i buy this cube

I found a guy that will sell me a oceanic 29 nano cube for $80 only thing is he took out all the stuff in the filter section. My question is how cheap would it be and what would I need back there to support zoas mushrooms and maybe a hammer or frogspawn ( besides lighting) and a couple small...
  7. Brandon78

Vacation to Cancun

My fiance and I are getting married the 16th and then headin to Cancun, Mexico for our honeymoon the 17-22. We plan on hitting the aquarium, the dolphin swim, snorkeling, diving, and all that good stuff. My question is, have any of you ever been there to give me a heads up for the snorkeling and...
  8. Brandon78

Scooter Blenny

Ok so apparently I was sold a scooter blenny (dragonet). Did not tell me thats what he was, I think they called him a lawnmower and I had a feeling that wasn't right (I figured out a while ago he wasn't a lawnmower). Hes been in my tank for a while. I know they need pods. Ive had him over 2...
  9. Brandon78

Looking for carbon reactor

I am looking to buy a carbon/gfo reactor with pump. Pm me if anyone has one please :)
  10. Brandon78

Do my eyes deceive me, or is that a small jelly fish??

I was cleanin up my fuge today and this small jelly fish looking creature is swimming like crazy in there. Its size maybe a couple centimeters, maybe smaller. Very hard to see, almost clear with a brown tint and I think it had a marking on it, stripe, blotch, etc, also had small tentacle looking...
  11. Brandon78

Not HH but need an ID

Ok so I just noticed these today,I bought my first chaeto about 2 weeks ago in my new sump. There were no HH that I noticed, however today i have an outbreak of these only in my sump Hard to see, sorry camera phone, but they are the white spots on the glass, I only see them on the glass and...
  12. Brandon78

Broken light fixture

Hey again everyone. I have a zoo-med light fixture t5ho with 10,000k and actinic 420 bulbs, one of each. Well the button broke on it, but they are sending me a new fixture. However, what do I need to run untill it gets here. I can still get power to one bulb, so should I run the 10,000k or...
  13. Brandon78

Tank flow

So ive been looking at water flow info, and ive seen many mixed opinions, can you have too much? Ive heard many people say no, but a few say yes. Thought it would be interesting too get everyone's opinions and help me see if I am doing ok with my flow. I have a 500 and 750 rated powerheads, too...
  14. Brandon78

Need help with my sump pump

Ok so I finally got my sump setup, 20g long. I have a eshopps 300 overflow and mag 5 pump(many people use this combo so its something im doing wrong) This is my first sump and we got it all setup, however, the pump is pumping more water than the overflow is draining, therefore my return pump...
  15. Brandon78

Chaeto, where to buy

I am hopefully hooking my diy sump/refugium up tomorrow, just wondering where people buy there Chaetomorpha from. I found a few places, but if anyone here sells it that would be great, would prefer to give my money to friends haha.
  16. Brandon78

Algae problems.

Well im having a weird outbreak of algae. Haven't changed anything but added some LR and maybe a pound of sand. Tank has already cycled as well, its about 8 months old. Nitrates are 10. nitrites 0, alkalinity is 180-300 using test strips and the color is in the middle of those two, ph is 8.4...
  17. Brandon78

Polyps??

Hey guys, bought some LR today and I got some hitchhiker snails and these guys, I think their polyps but im not sure Looks like a mix between a polyp and an small anemone lol Sorry for the pics, phone :/
  18. Brandon78

Water change cloudy water

Well I did my regular Sunday maintenance and water change. About 5-10 gallons changed out of a 55 tank. Busted some crap with the magnet and all that good stuff. My water is usually a bit cloudy for an hour or so depending on how messy I get stirring up the sand. But it's Monday night and my...
  19. Brandon78

Coral Lighting

Hey guys, I just wanted to get this cleared up before I buy something I cant support. I'm getting into corals finally and I have a question on lighting. I've read and heard a few different things on lighting requirements, so basically I just wanted some input from people I know I can trust...
  20. Brandon78

My first salt water tank

Hey all. Some of you have been keeping up with me, but I figured I better get something going on this thread. I got into this hobby planning on having a fish only sw tank, however, due to all of the cool stuff here I decided im going to turn it into a reef tank, slowly. What i have so far- 55...