Broken light fixture

Brandon78

Hey again everyone. I have a zoo-med light fixture t5ho with 10,000k and actinic 420 bulbs, one of each. Well the button broke on it, but they are sending me a new fixture. However, what do I need to run untill it gets here. I can still get power to one bulb, so should I run the 10,000k or actinic. I have a 55 gal tank with a yellow tang, 2 damsels, gramma, blenny, clown, crabs and snails, rock anemone, and condy anemone, no corals?

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Whichever is more eye pleasing. Doesn't matter to the swimmers.

.........yep. I'm a reefer.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I'd do like Matt. whichever one makes you happy and don't risk blowing both on a single switch if you happen to get your neurons crossed up.

sk8rdn

With nems in the tank, I agree with the 10k... More output, I believe.

...."Fish" Happens!....

Brandon78

Well it all worked out, they switched over good to one switch, got an email saying their sending me a new fixture too!! So hopefully this will work ok till the new one gets here, thanks guys again for the help and input!!!

Brandon78

oooh! a clever boy would end up with a 4 bulb system (hehehe freebies rule!)

haha yea if this one holds out untill this weekend when I can find another toggle switch, and hook it up back the right way then hopefully I can hang em close enough to work that!! I'll be one happy dude if I can!

engineer goby

if and hoefully? what are these words bro it's I will and can 4 bulb t5 on a 55 gives you plenty of light

Brandon78

Yea I like that attitude better!!!!!! Its been a long day lol. Actually glad this happend cuz now I might be able to do more than zoas and mushrooms when I stat corals here in a few weeks!

engineer goby

with 4 bulbs on a 55 you should be able to do most LPS, some of my favorites are hammer and frogspawn. how high is your tank? I had a 4 bulb on my 90 at 24" before upgrading to a 6

sk8rdn

Brandon78 said:
haha yea if this one holds out untill this weekend when I can find another toggle switch, and hook it up back the right way then hopefully I can hang em close enough to work that!! I'll be one happy dude if I can!

Easiest route is at the auto parts store in the "pimping my ride with crazy lights In the interior" section. Maybe $3? I used a rocker switch with a led built in on an amplifier, so it should hold up to a light fixture.

...."Fish" Happens!....

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF

If you're going to run a pair of lights instead of swapping old out for new then leave this one wired like it is to keep things simple.

Brandon78

Easiest route is at the auto parts store in the "pimping my ride with crazy lights In the interior" section. Maybe $3? I used a rocker switch with a led built in on an amplifier, so it should hold up to a light fixture.

...."Fish" Happens!....
Yea I went there and got one but it was too small to hold it, im gonna get a different one this weekend. I told em I need one to pimp my tank haha.