Search results

1. DigitalLegacy

Nanotuners.com PC bulbs?

Has anyone tried the UVL Dual Actinic PCs? Nanotuners.com Need to order new bulbs and don't have the money to do all LED yet. Any Ideas? Anyone try any of the PC bulbs from Nanotuners? What are the benefits of dual actinics? Just looking for new bulbs and they claim to be 50% brighter than...
  2. DigitalLegacy

NEED help with temperature!

Hey, RS So I have a 29G biocube with a sump. Total water volume is roughly 45 gallons. I'm having an issue keeping the temperature under 82* F.....Its not a problem that happens in the summer because the A/C is cranked, but right now sometimes I run the A/C.... some days I don't cause...
  3. DigitalLegacy

People with BC29 with Vortech MP10s HELP! lol

Ok, so I just upgraded my pumps from: 2 - Koralia 1s 1 - 400Gph rio sump pump To: Vortech MP10W ES 700 Gph Mag 7 sump pump Now, What level/mode and power settings do you all run on your MP10s And where do you have them placed on your tank? Any info would be appreciated.
  4. DigitalLegacy

What did you buy/get for your tank today?

Everyone loves to show off there new tank gear/frags right? I figured this would be a good thread to post it all. Ok Ill start, I just picked up this thing! Vortech MP10 please excuse the crappy pics and tank being a little dirty you can obviously see where my koralia 1's where at before lol...
  5. DigitalLegacy

WTB - Breeding pair of clowns

Want to buy a pair of breeding clowns. I would like them to have spawned in the past. Not just a mated pair. Not really looking for any particular species at this time. Please let me know,
  6. DigitalLegacy

New to chalices.....quick question

So I just bought this guy about 2 weeks ago and placed him about upper to middle part of the tank.... Now is he whiting out because of too much light? dying? or growing? I just dont know how these things grow. Any help is great Thanks,
  7. DigitalLegacy

What do you think? (29G BC)

Here goes my tank as of yesterday Here it is before (please excuse the cellphone pic) Which do you like better? And here are the reasons I changed the tank around...as well as a few other reasons... RBTA Some type of chalice (anyone know what kind?)
  8. DigitalLegacy

Coral ID please

Hey RS, Just went to the LFS today and picked these up. Any Ideas? They sure couldn't figure it out there. They where only $5 so I figured they would be worth it. There not all fully open in the picture but I'm impatient lol. Thanks,
  9. DigitalLegacy

Need some clownfish breeding info.......

Hey RS, I have a mated pair of wild true percs and there starting to show signs that they maybe spawning soon. Now I know I can't breed them yet due to no breeder tank and the young will end up as food (which kinda sucks). Does someone have a great article or website on how exactly I can get...
  10. DigitalLegacy

Canon 40d macro shot help

Hey RS, I have the Canon 40D with the Canon 28-135mm lens. Now I've been trying to get a good macro shot and this lens seems to not be cutting it...It just doesn't zoom enough to get a really close shot and the min focus distance is still around 20 in....is there anything that I can do to get a...
  11. DigitalLegacy

first acan help please!

Hey RS, I just got my first acan and I'm really curious to what the heck is happening to my acan??? heres a pic water is- nit 0 phos 0 alk 10.5 cal 440
  12. DigitalLegacy

My 29g BioCube with 15g external sump!!

I figured you all would appreciate this.... I did it this past week and finally have it all working nice. I'm running a custom glass sump with a 500 gph pump, the protein skimmer is a coralife SS 65 with the upgraded rio 1100 pump (382 gph instead of 300 gph). Sump dimensions - 18 x 14 x...
  13. DigitalLegacy

Help cleaning pump

Well, I'm cleaning a sump pump for the first time. I was wondering what the heck you all use to get the calcium deposits off? The impeller is almost all white. Thanks,
  14. DigitalLegacy

Chiller question (Please help!)

Hey, I have an Current USA 1/15 chiller with a heater control that only has 2 prongs, No ground prong. Now my 500w titanium heater has 2 prongs and the ground prong (3 prongs total).... Do I need the ground prong? I know there are adapters at Wal-Mart that convert a 3 prong to a regular 2...
  15. DigitalLegacy

BC29 Bulb pic request!

Hey, I know a few of you have done the nanocustoms PC light upgrade. I was wondering if any of you are willing to share some full tank shot pics? What bulbs and how many you are running? I'm really wanting to do the upgrade I just don't know which bulbs I should run (daylight, 50/50 or...
  16. DigitalLegacy

What is going on?

Hey, So my anemone has been doing this almost every day no matter what time it is. I just got him about a week ago. From this: To this: My water is- Cal - 480 Mag - 1250 KH- 196.9 Phos - 0 Nit - 0 Thanks for the help, Rob
  17. DigitalLegacy

Digital Legacys Nano

So, I got a great deal on this tank with stand. I paid $100 for the complete tank (without corals, fish, rock, etc...) and stand brand new!!!! I started my reef tank about 2 months ago (with the help of my buddys well established water), I currently am supporting some SPS and some softys. All...
  18. DigitalLegacy

Got a bit of an issue.....help please

So, I was just looking in my tank and spotted what appears to be a mantis shrimp......or something that looks very close to one....he's a little over an inch and has a dark redish body, tail like a lobster and arms like a mantis. I didn't put one in and I don't want it in there. I'll try...