first acan help please!

Hey RS, I just got my first acan and I'm really curious to what the heck is happening to my acan???

heres a pic

acan.jpg

water is-

nit 0
phos 0
alk 10.5
cal 440

tnwillia

If you can, put him down on the sand or low in the tank. Not saying this is right but that is where mine like it the best. Good luck!

deehz

Well from the pic, he looks healthy. When you purchased him, did he look like "pac-man"? Meaning the "cut" on the center right of the pic. Did he come this way from the LFS and what did she/he say about it/not?.

Where do you have him located in the tank: top, top half, half, etc.? What is your salinity level? What is your Magnesium levels? If these can be provided, then help could probably be provided better. Also, since the tank is not fully mature especially w/smaller nano's, even the hardiest of LPS such as Acan's can have a hard time adjusting to your tanks parameters.

Acan's prefer low light levels. This could be the issue. I know with some of the pics that i have seen w/some of the reefers here, I noticed that they have their Acan's on the bottom to bottom 2/3rds of the tank; its where I have mine in my tank.
Thanks!

Well from the pic, he looks healthy. When you purchased him, did he look like "pac-man"? Meaning the "cut" on the center right of the pic. Did he come this way from the LFS and what did she/he say about it/not?.

Where do you have him located in the tank: top, top half, half, etc.? What is your salinity level? What is your Magnesium levels? If these can be provided, then help could probably be provided better. Also, since the tank is not fully mature especially w/smaller nano's, even the hardiest of LPS such as Acan's can have a hard time adjusting to your tanks parameters.

Acan's prefer low light levels. This could be the issue. I know with some of the pics that i have seen w/some of the reefers here, I noticed that they have their Acan's on the bottom to bottom 2/3rds of the tank; its where I have mine in my tank.
Thanks!

As far as the "pac man" thing goes, No he wasn't like that yesterday...that is mainly what I'm worried about. I'm just hoping that he's splitting...

He is on the higher side of the tank... a little above the half way mark. I'll put him in the sand and see what happens.

Mag is 1300
sal is 1.022

thanks for the help so far

deehz

Yeah, I would move him down onto the sand and see what happens after that. This should help greatly and hopefully will make it through the move. I would probably do the move after your tank lights go off. That way, you can see how it reacts tomorrow morning. Good luck!