Search results

1. S

Sick Brain

only had him a week what did i do what can i do if anything water params are good all other inhabitants actually flourishing
  2. S

Tough Algae

How do you guys get the algae off that doesnt come off with the magnetic scraper cleaners? This stuff is really tough to remove. The razor blade was probably the demise of my hex tank got a 55 gal reef doing well and dont wanna see it leak thx
  3. S

Brown Algae

what eats it? i have a bicolor blenny, bicolor angel, regal tang 4 moon snails, 10 hermits, wack of corals, all doing well switched to spiralina shrimp, once a day, dropped the temp to 77F i may haave to switch back to store bought ro water every three days i am cleaning glass
  4. S

Surface Film

I Have Been Cleaning The Algae Off The Glass About Every 3 Days. Kinda Greenish Brown. Nitrates Are Around 5. Doing A 10 % Water Change Every 3 Days Too. But All That Algae Is Leaving A Skin On The Waters Surface. 2 Powerheads Koralia Nano 265 GPM Koralia 1 400 GPM, Fluval Submersible...
  5. S

light hours

how long to leave the lights on? i have an algae thing going on and ca i break on the on off cycle into multple rather than 12/12
  6. S

Target feeding

How do you guys target feed your corals? I have hammer, bubble, frogspawn, and ricordia i would like to proliferate. shrimp of phyto plankton? Thx
  7. S

blue leg hermits

ok you will love this one i have a hermit crab that lives this one nich in a rock i mean for several days goes out and comes back did he (or she) make woopie? and if so what do they (possible younguns) do for shells? just wondering because im duplicating coral and giving them away so i...
  8. S

coraline

How to cut it back? its getting on everything
  9. S

Hammer corals

Will a branching hammer sting a wall hammer? lost a polyp today for no reason the lfs said they wont but i never did get a warm fuzzy feeling from him
  10. S

Cleaning gravel

Hi all How do you guys clean your substrata? I have 1.5-2 inches aragonite I have one of those tube thingys with a hose attatched to it but my rock only allows about 2 inches clearance along the sides The reef goes right along the middle of the tank which is 12 inches wide I used to have a...
  11. S

Cyano is back

My cyano is back from hell:chomp: :chomp: :chomp: Had it in the old tank which started leaking Set up the 55 with all the old rock (in a hurry) Obviously came over in the rock Any help for this? I have some chemiclean but havent dosed it yet Due for a water change tomorow running a...
  12. S

Sick Angel?

This just showed up Had him 2 weeks Looks like an ulcer or sore Eats great!!!! Otherwise good i have hammer and frogspawn. Any ideas?
  13. S

Leather Finger Coral

This guy is getting too big Keeps dropping babies all over the place I suppose thats a good thing but I dont want a gazzilion of him I need some good advice on how to frag or split him up I have a 20 G holdong tank set up Thx
  14. S

What is allelopathy

What is allelopathy?
  15. S

Plate coral receding

any way to stop or reverse this? Water params are good