Search results

1. FallChinook

MP 40 vortech died...need parts.

Fortunatley it was only the wetside of the pump. The part that captures the orange O-ring Broke. Does anyone know where I can find replacements parts or is the only option replacing the whole wetside assembly. Thanks.
  2. FallChinook

RSM 130 with extras for sale!

We are buying a house so I have to sell my RSM 130. Tank is less than a year old comes complete with stand, hood as well as all the pumps, heater etc that came with the tank. I added a Ten gallon refugium below the tank (in the cabinet) with a LifeReef overflow as well as a Tunze 9005 protien...
  3. FallChinook

chaeto turning white

I have a bunch of chaeto in my refugium (new refugium set up several months ago) and it has been turning white. The LFS told me the lower the flow the better, but might a lack of flow be causing the chaeto to die? Any help is appreciated! Monica
  4. FallChinook

dead fish

Question for you all....I have a RSM 130 and have about 35 lbs live rock, live sand, refugium, cuc, 2 clownfish, and an assortment of corals.......but the question is this: I have a 3 inch yellow watchman goby that has died in a precarious spot under some rockwork (been hiding for 3 days, not...
  5. FallChinook

Always adding supplements!

We have a RSM130 stocked with LR/LS, all sorts of corals (soft, LPS, SPS, etc), a few fish, some crustaceans, and of course a CUC. Anyway, we are ALWAYS adding Calcium, Buffer, and Magnesium. We do weekly 15 gallon water changes and use Oceanic salt. We've tried Tropic Marin and Instant Ocean...
  6. FallChinook

Does a refugium cycle?

This is a really silly question, but do refugiums cycle? We had a custom built refugium for our RSM130 that has mud, chaeto, proten skimmer, etc.....Seeing a little increase in ammonia--is this normal? Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks! Monica
  7. FallChinook

RSM skimmer for sale

I have an RSM skimmer for sale or I would like to trade this for the chiller fittings that come with the RSM 130D. (the little U-shaped fittings that can be used for a return on the back of the tank) I have Two skimmers that are brand new in the box, NEVER used or set up in anyway. For an...
  8. FallChinook

A rose is a rose is a rose...

can the same be said for a refugium? I have a LFS owner that will make One for my RSM 130 cabinet for $200. After talking with Jeff a life Reef I am now wondering if going the cheaper route is wise. My thoughts are that If my builder incorporates a compartment for carbon filtration, ample room...
  9. FallChinook

red hair algae and sea hare

Finally figured out what the pink fuzzy algae is in my RSM 130! It's red hair algae!:ofr: I've been told that pacific turbo snails or sea hares (Aplysia sp.) eat this stuff. Anyone else have experience with them or with red hair algae? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! Monica
  10. FallChinook

coco worm not extending

We got a what was a beautiful coco worm at the LFS last weekend, but it won't fully extend now. Our water parameters are all good, everything else is happy--any ideas??
  11. FallChinook

Pink Algae?

I have this pink fuzzy stuff that keeps growing around my candy canes. It was on the group when we got them and hasn't spread, but just keeps growing. It is easy to pick off, but nearly impossible to get it all, then it grows back.....any thought on what it is?
  12. FallChinook

gluing coral to back of RSM130

Any idea how to do this? I read about the frag-mags, but don't know if that would work on the back. I want to glue my green star polyp there. Thanks! Monica
  13. FallChinook

shrimp in the RSM130

How many shrimp do people feel comfortable with having in their RSM 130? We had one cleaner, but just picked up another cleaner and blood shrimp. It appears that the original cleaner is harassing the blood shrimp a bit--getting near it and flicking it with it's antenna. Kind of funny, but not...
  14. FallChinook

Light Brown Film in Water Storage Container

We use Instant Ocean and RO/DI water that we mix up in a 45 gallon trash bin (new and rinsed). We have a Koralia 3 and 4 in there constantly mixing the water and a heater set at 78F. I am noticing a thin light brown film that feels chalky on the surface of the bin. There is a heavier coating...
  15. FallChinook

Lighting Modifications....bad idea?

My husband and I are in a debate over lighting in our RSM 130. We have quite a few zoas, a pocillopora (SPS), long tentacle anemone, a few LPS (torch and candy canes), a few mushrooms, and a toadstool leather. Anyway.....all of our zoas are up on top of our rocks and after telling my...
  16. FallChinook

lta tentacles turning brown???

We have a beautiful white/neon green lta with a bright red foot that we traded for our bta who was 'going rogue' in our tank after we switched some flow.....anyway....the anemone looks great and has been buried in the sand for a few weeks. We had a little diatom bloom a couple of weeks ago and...
  17. FallChinook

Zooanthid melting....help please

I recently bought a nice large rock with 4 different kinds of zoas on it from a reputable LFS. I have a RSM 130, has been set up since Dec. 2008. I set the rock on top of my existing rocks, and everything looked great, except the reverse gorilla nipple zoas (they were awesome in the store!)...
  18. FallChinook

White Filter Pad

Hi Everyone, I have a RSM130 and was wondering about the replacement white filter pads. Can you purchase less expensive polyfill from a craft store and use in its place?
  19. FallChinook

Finger Leather Orientation

We picked up a nice finger leather this weekend and have it in the tank, but where we wanted to put it the rocks would only fit together a certain way, and the finger leather is slightly sideways (not quite at a 45 degree angle). It hasn't fully extended yet, but I know they 'pout' when first...
  20. FallChinook

Pistol Shrimp Excavation

Just got a new pistol shrimp yesterday and he is STILL excavating my rocks! How long will this last--will my water ever be clear again? Thanks! Monica