Search results

1. WhisperinLoudly

Looking for Coral Frags in North East PA

I live in Taylor-Old Forge area which is between Scranton and Wilkes Barre. Have you ever been to the Pet Zone in Pittston. He's got some nice stuff, he has two 150 gal and a 90 gal he sells out of. He's been in business about 30 years. His name is Bill or his son Bill jr.
  2. WhisperinLoudly

Don't know what to do. Too many!

Too far of a drive for me, i'm in Pa.
  3. WhisperinLoudly

New Kid on the Block.. Needs HELP!!!

A undrilled tank is just your basic tank. A reef ready tank has holes drilled in the glass for the filtration and return lines
  4. WhisperinLoudly

hi all

Welcome Aboard
  5. WhisperinLoudly

Hi

welcome aboard. It's a good time to start your research if you haven't already.
  6. WhisperinLoudly

Another new kid on the block

Everyone is new to this hobby, some are just newer than others. After 30+ years, some days I feel like a noobie as well. Welcome aboard.
  7. WhisperinLoudly

Some unwelcome guests

There are many different ways of capturing a Mantis Shrimp, but most methods involve removing the LR from the tank. A very easy method which is minimal invasion of the tank is a trap. You first need a small plastic soda bottle; 16oz is perfect. Cut the top of the bottle neck off at the...
  8. WhisperinLoudly

Some unwelcome guests

Mantis shrimp can play havoc on a tank and should be kept in a species tank. I think you can buy a mantis trap on line. People have made their own by cutting the top off a soda pop bottle to form a funnel and reverse the cut part of the bottle so the top is inside the bottle. Be sure to take...
  9. WhisperinLoudly

Washed out Sabae Anemone

Knowing what you did wrong and trying to get it a good home is a step in the right direction. :thumbup: :thumbup: to you for doing this. I would gladly take it but too far of a drive for me. Good luck on finding it a good home.
  10. WhisperinLoudly

New Kid on the Block.. Needs HELP!!!

First thing you'll need to do is to decide what kind of tank you want to keep. Fish only or mixed reef. This will play a big part on the equipment you will need. As burntricer said read as much as you can to get yourself familiar with the saltwater world. Good lighting and pristine water quality...
  11. WhisperinLoudly

Ritteri Help

You said you redirected the flow. This is probably what made the nem move. As stated, check all water params and try to get the water flow back like it was.
  12. WhisperinLoudly

shy BTA

Just leave it alone. Probably came from a tank with less lighting than you have so it will take time for it to adjust to your lighting.
  13. WhisperinLoudly

What the hell is this thing

What ever you do don't touch it. Bristles can do a number on your fingers. Gloves are a must.
  14. WhisperinLoudly

What is he up too?

Anemone's need T5 or mh lighting.A roaming anemone is a unhappy anemone. Also feeding smaller bits of food is better than large bits because the anemone has to use a lot more energy digesting larger pieces. Food should be no bigger than 1/4 to 1/2 the size of the anemone's mouth. The food should...
  15. WhisperinLoudly

spot feeding?

Silversides or any fish are not a big part of a diet for most of the anemones that we keep. H.mag, and S.hadoni may be the exceptions, and even then, fish arent the biggest part of their diet. Small plankton(without bones) is a better diet for them. Mysis shrimp and cyclop-eeze is also good to feed.
  16. WhisperinLoudly

not to be a pest but........

Silversides or any fish are not a big part of a diet for most of the anemones that we keep. H.mag, and S.hadoni may be the exceptions, and even then, fish arent the biggest part of their diet. Small plankton(without bones) is a better diet for them. Mysis shrimp and cyclop-eeze is also good to feed.
  17. WhisperinLoudly

Does all anemones needs good light?

Well said Clownfish518
  18. WhisperinLoudly

Rose Anemone Splitting?

check out this site Caring for these beautiful creatures - INTRODUCTION
  19. WhisperinLoudly

What is the best way to get rid of Mushrooms

I also would be interested in some as I have a 55 in which I'm going to start to put corals in. I will gladly pay for shipping. If you would send me a pm and let me know. I don't have anything to trade as i'm just starting to add corals but if you're willing to give them away instead of killing...
  20. WhisperinLoudly

What a wonderful start!!

Good luck in your search