Search results

1. BarbMazz

FS: 28g JBJ MHI Nanocube

I have for sale a complete setup: 28g JBJ Nanocube; some glass scratches Hood: this was juiced up by nanotuners.com 150 HQI, Phoenix 14,000k bulb 2 Power Compact supplemental lights; daylight and actinic blue moonlights (2) Components: Stock JBJ skimmer, runs with a wooden airstone (includes...
  2. BarbMazz

Chalice; not sure which type!

I bought this as a teeny frag from Reef Empire about a year-ish ago, and it's taken off. It's about 5"x5" and a bright neon green with orange eyes that throw out the longest feeders at night that it's scary! The growth edge is a nice pinkish color. Without further adieu, here are a couple...
  3. BarbMazz

New Seahorse/jawfish tank

I set up a new seahorse/jawfish tank with panmanmatt's help, right after MACNA. It's a 20g XT tank... very simple low-tech set up. Just a hob filter, some live rock, and some things for the horses to hitch onto... a couple gorgonians, fake plants and macroalgaes. The seahorses; a pair of h...
  4. BarbMazz

Removing substrate

I am going to be re-fitting my 28g nanocube. I'm selling the main inhabitants, who are an s. haddoni and her two saddleback clowns. Other inhabitants are a lawnmower blenny, shrimp goby/pistol pair, long spine urchin, serpent star, various cuc members (snails and hermits) OH!, and a rock...
  5. BarbMazz

FS: S. Haddoni & Saddleback Clown Pair

For Sale: Light Green and White S. Haddoni carpet anemone and her pair of Saddleback clownfish. Anemone: Fully inflated appr 10" across. Very healthy. Will eat fish, so anyone interested needs to be aware of this fact!! Reason for sale; it is housed in a 28g JBJ nanocube, which is not big...
  6. BarbMazz

antennarius nummifer

Want to see one of the strangest looking fish? Have a look at my a. nummifer. He's an anglerfish/frogfish, and his name is Marius. He lives in a tank with my other anglerfish, who is an antennarius maculatus (warty angler). Normally, Marius spends most of his time behind or under the rocks, but...
  7. BarbMazz

OT MACNA Thurs dinner LAST CALL!

I need a FINAL head count for the Thurs. Sept 4th dinner at Fogo de Chao in Atlanta. NEXT THURSDAY!! I'm excited! Please chime in if you'll be there. I want to call for reservations TODAY, SATURDAY AUGUST 30th! THANKS! John & I will be there FO SHO!
  8. BarbMazz

Current USA 24g Aquapod and a skimmer

Anyone with a CU 'Pod using their Fission skimmer with it: Fission Nano-Skimmer | Current What's Next I'll be keeping either an anglerfish or a pair of seahorses, so I'm thinking it may be a good idea to do some skimming. I'll be putting LR rubble in the back compartment in lieu of bioballs...
  9. BarbMazz

Magnesium test differences

I have a dilemma. My Salifert test says my magnesium is greater than 1500 ppm... that is, the reagent is used up completely before I get the color change to gray or blue in the test tube. My Elos Mg kit says my mag is 1200. Calcium is 435 pH is 8.1-8.3 dkH is 9 temp is 77.9 salinity...
  10. BarbMazz

24g Aqua Pod Creepy Guy Adventure

I will be entering the world of nano tanks shortly. I've been hankering for a Creepy Little Guy ala an anglerfish/frogfish ala Charlie Brown ala Victor. When setting up my 65g reef I briefly tinkered with the idea of making that tank species specific with an angler, but it seemed too big a...
  11. BarbMazz

Seahorses in a JBJ Nano Cube

I've purchased a 24g JBJ Nano Cube that I'd like to make a species specific tank... some of the things in the running include: 1. seahorses, but I've read that nanos are not good setups for seahorses 2. an anglerfish, but John doesn't like the idea of a fish hunting down and eating other live...
  12. BarbMazz

MACNA Thursday arrivals

Who is arriving on Thurs, Sept 4th for MACNA? I know I am, and I think I remember BigAl is, and I know Lynn is. I would like to plan a dinner out at the Atlanta Brazilian Steakhouse for that evening. Here is a link to the restaurant so you can look around and see if it looks good. It's a...
  13. BarbMazz

a new car!

So the lease is up on my car, and the search was on... I'm driving a Lexus SUV.. the small one. I wanted to get back into a car, but Lexus sedans are pretty darn pricey.. loved the suv, but didn't want to spend another couple hundred a month for the sedan. I'd like to keep that money in my...
  14. BarbMazz

OT: Closed chronicles

I've been gone a week and I've evidently missed something big. :dunno: Yesterday Victor posted in Dentoid's chronicle and in Sasquatch's chronicle a link where they could be found, and this morning those posts are removed and the chronicles are closed. What is going on?!
  15. BarbMazz

!!! HELP !! Return pump!!

I think something MAY have gotten sucked into my return pump. It is making more noise than usual, and the flow seems uneven.. like it's surging instead of an even flow. I do have a screen over the intake, which I had off today to clean. The pump was OFF, but I wonder if something creeped in...
  16. BarbMazz

Okay be Honest about QT'ing practices!

I just lost a fish very suddently that I'd gotten unexpectedly, and free, from DFS. My QT is not finished cycling so I could not quarantine the fish. I know that people do very different quarantine practices; from none at all to much more technical as in posted by Lee (leebca) here. I'm setting...
  17. BarbMazz

OT: John's Cobra is back home!

He is SO thrilled to have it back! I took a few shots of it. It's been painted a different color. Previously it was silver with white stripes, now it's a very dark blue with silver stripes. I think it looks great!!
  18. BarbMazz

JBJ Auto Top-off controller

I hooked up my JBJ ATO controller today. I ordered from Aquarium Supplies - Aquarium Supplies for your Tropical Fish, Saltwater Fish, Reef Aquarium, Marine Fish, Saltwater Aquarium on Wednesday and received it today. I've ordered things from them several times now and their customer service is...
  19. BarbMazz

Tippmann98 Daniel! Your PM box is full!

Daniel I tried to send you some pictures via PM and your box is full! I posted pictures of the rics and zoas in my chronicle: http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/reef-chronicles/26001-snails-pace-beginning-old-ladys-65g-reef-76.html#post463527
  20. BarbMazz

WTS Aquahub top it off deluxe kit

I've decided to go with a different ATO system, so would like to sell my Aquahub Top-It-Off Deluxe kit. It's opened but never used and in it's original box. Asking $30 + shipping of your choice. I do have commercial accounts with UPS and DHL, so I can probably offer low shipping rates...