Recent content by klm2500hd

1. klm2500hd

Wipe your glass......or not!

I clean off the 2 viewable sides on the 180 and the 1 viewable side on the 30 when algae gets noticable (1-2 times a week) the fuge at water changes (1-2 weeks) the backs and unviewable sides only if there's a breakout of HA.
  2. klm2500hd

Golden/Orange Spotted Rabbitfish

I've heard reports of them nipping at zoo's, but I haven't seen that with mine, and he's always hungry.
  3. klm2500hd

acclimating royal urchin

I use airline tubing with drip valves also. It's plumbed into my return line so I just have to pull it out of the sump when needed. I just picked up a royal last Sat. He's got so much rubble attached to him it looks like a mobile piece of liverock.
  4. klm2500hd

in tank Corner flow "shield"

If you are near Chicago, I've got a corner one from an AGA 125 in the attic. Or you could just make your own out of acrylic.
  5. klm2500hd

how do you feel about alk in your tank?

I test for alk more than anything else. (except pH that is continuously monitored by the controller). If alk is off, then I continue on to the other tests.But if alk is good, then consistently everything else tests good.
  6. klm2500hd

Cloudy water from Kalk???

Slow down the top off rate. Mine goes through a reactor hooked up to a pressurized tank on the r/o system. If I add too much at once the tank gets cloudy.
  7. klm2500hd

nemo going to refugium and death

what i get out of this is that nemo moved himself to the fuge
  8. klm2500hd

10g overflow

might as well go 300 gallon:bouncer: The corner overflow really only needs to be big enough to fit plumbing, flow depends on the slot size, and on a 10 I would want a small overflow with bigger slots to take up less tank space. The hard part is going to be matching up the volume of the slots...
  9. klm2500hd

OT: Boy Laws for reef keeping

Re: OT: Man Laws for reef keeping unless you follow that 6 pack up with a few more and decide now would be a good time to aquascape :o I highly recommend if you decide to try this, do it at another reefers house. It's no fun trying to fix your tank with a hangover :explode:
  10. klm2500hd

OT: Boy Laws for reef keeping

Re: OT: Man Laws for reef keeping #19 tell the wife it's her tank. that way you're spending all that money on her.
  11. klm2500hd

OT: Batman or Superman ?

parents can be so cruel
  12. klm2500hd

Nemo hosting GSP

neat, my clowns "host" the magnet holder for a powerhead.
  13. klm2500hd

OT: SPIDERS!!! totally freaked out

well, this thread has given me the creeps. sas, too funny
  14. klm2500hd

anyone use SERA test kits?

what's your opnion of these? local store carries them and price is decent, anyone have experience with consistency and accuracy? tried the phospate test and I get a reading of .25 where API and seachem show 0.