10g overflow

PEMfish

Rate my stupidity. I am thinking of ditching the external overflow on my 10g DT. I would replace it with a black acrylic corner over flow. A 1" bulk head in the back glass to existing pluming to sump. I would do this now, but two issues come up;
-$
-Animals
I could avoid a 3 day trip to the sump by buying a new 10g tank ( not that much $ ) and constructing the assembly and pluming. Then swap out the tanks and have the LR and critters in buckets of tank water only for a few min wile I swap tanks. Then glue the two half's of pluming together ( just add a couple of couplings to connect new and old pluming ) and wait two hours wile the PVC glue dries. Then fill it up the rest of the way and turn on the return pump again.
Two questions; abut how big will the corner overflow have to be?
How many complications will this create on the bio side of things?

PEMfish

A 10g tank cost about $10. A 15g tank cost about $30. ****, how it that right? Anyone got a used one :D.

lcstorc

Wait till Petco has it's dollar a gallon sale. Only good on tanks 20-55 gallons but would get you a 20 for 20 bucks.

klm2500hd

might as well go 300 gallon:bouncer:

The corner overflow really only needs to be big enough to fit plumbing, flow depends on the slot size, and on a 10 I would want a small overflow with bigger slots to take up less tank space. The hard part is going to be matching up the volume of the slots to meet the flow needed. Other than trial and error, I don't know what to tell you there.

Bio speaking, if you don't have a sand bed to move I wouldn't worry about it, just keep the buckets heated and airated