Wipe your glass......or not!

Algae buildup on my glass.

• There is no such thing as buld up just bad maintenance; end of lesson

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Basile

If we talk glass we talk algae, clean or not clean at some point you get algae on the glass, you know what i'm saying even the pros, so don't deny it :angel3:

So my question is; Should you leave your cleaning crew their food or wipe it clean, you can vote now.:flame:

Octoman

I let mine grow a bit, my lawnmower blenny seems to enjoy it. But, I don't let it get nasty looking. I clean mine about twice each week.

framerguy

I clean my viewing plane about twice a week, and the back about once a week.In the refugiums I clean the viewing side about once a week, the rest I don't touch.

BLAKEJOHN

I wipe the front and sides as soon as I see a bit of haze which is usually daily. Scrape coraline from front and sides weekly and light scrape on the back wall weekly. I only scrape the sump may be once a month

ReefGuy69

I wipe the sides and front daily. Never touched the back since i set up the tank and its been about alittle over 1 yr. and sometimes the back looks just as clean as the front. except for some coraline algae here and there. It keeps the snails to the back of the tank and i figure any algae that grows back there is going to compete for algae on the front and sides. thus i have to clean it less. And ive never cleaned the fuge/Sump. i figure whats the point. it doesnt need to look pretty for me or anything else.

klm2500hd

I clean off the 2 viewable sides on the 180 and the 1 viewable side on the 30 when algae gets noticable (1-2 times a week) the fuge at water changes (1-2 weeks) the backs and unviewable sides only if there's a breakout of HA.

jenglish

I have overstocked my snails so unless I look really close i can't even see algae on my glass. If I do scrape it I see some come off but its only noticable if you have a scraped spot ot compare it with. and then Just barely.