Recent content by Basile

1. Basile

OK Two new 75 Starfire tanks on the way and lots of possibilities and money.

Hi yes everything is running, i'm a bit all over the place this time and didn't make any posting or videos lately. Sorry about that. i also don't have the same "Budget" i use to have so things are moving much slower lol. I now have 7 dispar anthias, a Solon fairy wrasse , and bullet gobie and...
  2. Basile

My socks are too clean

My socks are filthy, but i think i know why. Most of the gunk is i think what i'm dosing, (reef Roy, fauna marine for filter feeders, etc) i feel like i'm wasting all my dosing supplements into them. besides the skimmer is doing a great job with dry skimmate . What do you think should i take...
  3. Basile

Confusing Parameters

The reef and refugium are connected in 2 ways. They both share the same sump with each its return pump and the refugium feeds the main tank by gravity via a bulkhead and a pipe running down to the reef, yes the refugium is higher.
  4. Basile

Confusing Parameters

I'm a bit lost about my phosphate parameters. I have a huge macro-algae refugium, that helps with my stability of my reef. Now i've just found this table of parameters. For a Macro algae tank it says .5ppm and for my mixed reef it needs to be at 0 ppm. Right now its at .5 , so i'm ok for my...
  5. Basile

Too much flow???

Ok , i was asking because my dragon gobie is somewhat shy or i though that he was afraid of the flow i give them. The Solon fairy wrasse came out the second day i had it so that's why i was wondering. Plus they have to swim pretty hard to stay put. I have my pumps on timers too.The 2 bigger ones...
  6. Basile

Too much flow???

Is there such a thing as too much flow for a tank. my tank is 6 feet by 2 feet 150 reef, mixed tank, LPS ,SPS 1 wavebox 2Tunze Turbelle stream 6105 Flow rate: (700 to abt. 3,400 USgal./h) at max 2Turbelle Stream 6125 (3150 GPH) I'm thinking about the fish also can too much flow keep them...
  7. Basile

The best number of Anthias

I'm going to get myself some Anthias, Barttlet , because they're smaller and i can get a better number of them in my 150 reef. What would be a great number, i was thinking 1 male and 6 female. Is their something i should know about them, i know if the male dies the biggest female will change...
  8. Basile

to vacunm or not to vacumn that is the question

Please if you see him tell him that Chris from OVAS send his regards. He may not remember me but we had a great time, and he's the one that convinced me i was doing the right thing , lecturing at our group, The next morning we took him for breakfast and we continued the discussion . We connect...
  9. Basile

The leaky sump or not

I found it; @$%%&^*&&^%$#@ it was a power cord from one of the heater that was channeling droplets behind the tank saw it with own eyes. Still i'll do as you say for the RODI tub, can never be too careful thanks guy for you suggestions. I'm spending the day here i'm too spooked as it is lol.
  10. Basile

The leaky sump or not

Last night their was water on the floor..............either my new sump or my RODI reservoir. Made a water change to empty the RO and set it aside. clean up and dry it and put towels to see if water would continue to leak from the sump. I was hoping not................this means another damn set...
  11. Basile

Mixed tank with macro-algae

From my refugium i never had an over run by my algae and why is everybody thinks its going to be caulerpa that i'll be using. Their's lots more than those; gracilaria, their's Halimeda , and the caulerpa prolifera never did over run my fuge that's the one i gave my tangs and they loved it. any...
  12. Basile

Mixed tank with macro-algae

Who when we talk about mixed tank have macro-algae with their coral. Is it more difficult or easier to maintain. I'm thinking of the ideal because i'll have tangs and they used to eat the macro's i use to give them from my refugium. So i see it as a pro what would be the cons.
  13. Basile

Ordering live stuff through the net

Actually this supplier is in Canada ; from BC and has great price. So an experiment with a small shipment is warranted to see the end results of this method over the incredible price differences. Thanks for your input .
  14. Basile

Ordering live stuff through the net

Anybody ever ordered live fish and critters via the net, i'm tired of being ripped OFF by the locals..... EX; blue Hippo tang, $73 for a 4 inch on the net $199 at LFS for a 3 inch What was your experience like and do you recommend it, thanks.
  15. Basile

Infinite RO/DI water

Sorry RO/DI and as of now still 00PP