Too much flow???

Basile

Is there such a thing as too much flow for a tank.

my tank is 6 feet by 2 feet 150 reef, mixed tank, LPS ,SPS

1 wavebox
2Tunze Turbelle stream 6105 Flow rate: (700 to abt. 3,400 USgal./h) at max
2Turbelle Stream 6125 (3150 GPH)

I'm thinking about the fish also can too much flow keep them hiding.

mr_tap_water

Calculating flowrates is all well and good but really does depend on how your rock display and is situated and sometimes can be better to go by what you see, making sure you see no Dead spot and all round good circulation.

The idea is most corals like different types of different flows rates that's why positioning your coals comes in to affect, with most SPSs The top of the flow but not blasting then with the medium to low flows for the LPSs/soft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaveK

It's usually almost impossible to have too much flow, but if you do you can either dial back some of the pumps, or put them on timers so they are not all going at once, or just not use some of them.

You only need to do this if the current really bothers the livestock.

Basile

It's usually almost impossible to have too much flow, but if you do you can either dial back some of the pumps, or put them on timers so they are not all going at once, or just not use some of them.

You only need to do this if the current really bothers the livestock.

Ok , i was asking because my dragon gobie is somewhat shy or i though that he was afraid of the flow i give them. The Solon fairy wrasse came out the second day i had it so that's why i was wondering. Plus they have to swim pretty hard to stay put. I have my pumps on timers too.The 2 bigger ones stops at different times for the night. And the wave box and its counterpart as well and also starts at different times than the other 2. I only have one that runs all the time at 100% with the return at 60%. No sand storms and my softies are fine with it. Thanks for all your advice guys.