Zoa problem?

Cassette87

Hey guys,

Over the past couple of days, i noticed that about half of my zoa colony seems to be recessed permanently, and some of the polyps are so small and dark colored it makes me wonder if they're dying. there've been no major fluctuations in any of the water parameters/temp, and all parameters are okay. I'll get a pic in the morning once you can see them again. Anyone know what i'm talking about?

Thanks!

DrHank

I've had it happen a couple of times. Left them alone and they came back to normal in a few days. Occasionally when I have added a new coral or disturbed the tank, it has happened too.

Cassette87

I've had it happen a couple of times. Left them alone and they came back to normal in a few days. Occasionally when I have added a new coral or disturbed the tank, it has happened too.

Excellent :) Thats just what I was hoping to hear! Thanks DrHank!

flyline

if i could throw in my 2 cents it seems normal some of my zoos seem very tempermental if anything changes in the tank they close up and sometimes they do it for no apperant reason but they allways come back. zoos seem like a pretty hardy coral

jg2269jg

i had a problem with zoanthid eating nudibranches a while back, check for little white ant looking things on your zoas but they are small so look really close and take a look at your glass when the lights go out for a few hours if they are it you should see them on your glass at night

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I am in the middle (hopefull on the GOOD side now) of a NASTY hair algae outbreak. Some of mine have taken a good beating over this but the majority have started to come back out now. I think one colony may not but time will tell. I've noticed that if I make sure each day that they are as clean of GHA as possible they open up better that day. If I get slack then they wont open up for days on end.

good luck and hopefully yours will start to open and smile again.

Allen :)