Zoa hitchhiker - ID please!

Jess

Maybe I'll never know exactly what they are, but thought I'd give it a whirl....

0722091904.jpg

0722091928.jpg

fivel

You got that whole little colony as a hitchhiker? Holy crap... I need to start shopping where you go, lol. Not sure what they are because a lot of them look a like to me so I just resort to making up my own names for them - even though no one else knows what I'm talking about.

Like for these... I think... Green Pacific Crown... yeah, that sounds official :p

Jess

LOl fivel, yep, got them with the rics you see. 6 rics and those zoas for like $40 I think. Was quite the score! He also gave me a piece of Xenia and is still trying to give me more. Only problem is the candy cane I also bought from him had a bunch of HA on it, so I don't want to put anymore of his stuff in my tanks. Anyhoo, I really like the name you gave it!! haha!

Jess

Ya Sara you're right they do look very similar. Thanks! And look at you back in action on RS! :sblush:

BigJay

I don't think they are GBP's but as said its not a scientific name but a name given to zoas that share a similar appearance and are made up.
Candy Canes are known for HA and its common for the first signs of HA to show up underneath the polyps on the skeleton.