Yumas from Petland

flricordia

Sometimes they get some nice corals, but you have to grab them before they stay in thier system for long. Here are a couple of yumas I got tonight.

8473yuma1-med.jpg

8473yuma2-med.jpg

Anyone else have a Petland in town and buy corals from there?

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
From what I hear they we inexpensive.

Our local "Chain Stores" don't carry corals at all. Thats the BEAUTY of living so FAR from the ocean.

They look GREAT Mike.

Allen :)

flricordia

With the 10% discount they were $17 and some change each. I have walked out of there pissed after I have wanted a coral only to have the guy that is in charge tell me that the coral I was wanting was not the one that was behind the sticker price. He would go into the back office (this has happened a few times) and come out to quote me some outrageous price.
Only because they are the only ones that carry the brand of dogfood I use (rather my dog) do I look to see what they have to offer in the aqua dept. Usually their yumas are brown, green or just unhealthy looking, but once in a while they do get some nice ones in.
I did get a Tiger pistol there for $16 which is over half of what the LRS I usually go to wanted. Fish on the other hand I would not buy from Petland. They usually look very skinny, rot all over them, or upside-down not moving.
I have heard about Petco, though there are none around here, and their large sales. Anyone shop there?

addicted

I have heard about Petco, though there are none around here, and their large sales. Anyone shop there?

I have looked at petco they have saltwater stuff around here. My friend bought some of the stuff in my tank from there. Their prices are cheaper than the LFS around here. For a tank raised cleaner goby they wanted $10 where they LFS was charging $25! For a tank raised yellow watchman they wanted $15 at Petco and at the LFS they wanted $29.

I think Petco is ok to buy stuff like supplies from but I wouldn't buy my fish from there. I mean maybe if they just got them in but if they had been sitting there for awhile I wouldn't bother around here their tanks aren't really clean and I often times see dead fish in them.

michael_cb_125

I would never buy any livestock from petco. The one near me keeps their livestock in TERRIBLE conditions. The fish are covered in Ick, and the tanks have all sorts of algea blooms, and poor lighting. The live rock they have is Red (can you say algea) I hat going into petco, I always feel so bad for the poor fish.:(

The lady that runs the Petco near me is VERY knowledgeable on reefs and all fish in general. She told me to almost never buy anything they have and to go to her friends store down the road.

flricordia

I have looked at petco they have saltwater stuff around here. My friend bought some of the stuff in my tank from there. Their prices are cheaper than the LFS around here. For a tank raised cleaner goby they wanted $10 where they LFS was charging $25! For a tank raised yellow watchman they wanted $15 at Petco and at the LFS they wanted $29.

I think Petco is ok to buy stuff like supplies from but I wouldn't buy my fish from there. I mean maybe if they just got them in but if they had been sitting there for awhile I wouldn't bother around here their tanks aren't really clean and I often times see dead fish in them.
That sounds the same as the Petland here. The fish are usually 1/2 of what the LRS charge. But after they have been in their system for a while they become thin and slowely waste away. Best to get them when they first arrive. Corals are high priced in this Petland, but these yumas I couldn't pass up on and even went back for 2 more.