Yo

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Hello :wave: and welcome :)

Tell us about yourself and your tank(s) and as you probably already heard... we LOVE pics :)

Well, I've been Reefkeeping for about 7 years-
My 1st Tank was an Oceanic Hex (45g??) given to me by my brother, Had a HOB Filter, Crappy skimmer, 2 MJ 900's

2nd Tank- 6 yrs ago my LFS talked me into a 90g Oceanic so I could keep some Tangs & bigger fish. He sold me a bunch of crap and told me it was all top of the line... Now I don't shop there anymore and purchase 90% of my gear on-line, I also buy my fish wholesale in Miami.

Current Tank- Found a deal on a brand new 120 Tech about 6 months ago and decided it was time for an upgrade.
Here is a rundown of my current setup-
120g Tech
80/20 SPS/LPS
Prodibio/Carbon method
Custom Sump
ATB Skimmer
ATI Powermodule
2x Tunze 6101's
Schuran Calcium Reactor
SpectraPure Maxcap RODI 90gpd
Profilux Plus controller w/ LED Lightbar & Tunze Control
Reeflo Tarpon
50g Frag Tank
Reef Optix 3 w/250w Icecap ballast & 14k Phoenix
2 Sureflo MJ Mods & 1 Koralia 4

Pics-

Equipment-
DSCN1021.jpg

Nog-
DSCN0990.jpg

Sump-
DSCN0768.jpg

Right after I set it up (I have added more Rock to the bases)-
Fake.jpg

Sump-
DSCN0951.jpg

DSCN0938.jpg

DSCN0934.jpg

DSCN0927.jpg

DSCN0917.jpg

Durso's
DSCN0897.jpg

My old 90g
Light-2.jpg

Some Livestock-

ORA Picasso Pair-
DSCN1088.jpg

ORA Tort & Green Slimer
DSCN1078.jpg

Tyree Bali Tricolor, Purple Digi, & Tyree Super Blue Tenius

DSCN1077.jpg

Some Green Acro (was sold to me as an ORA German Green, but its not)
DSCN1076.jpg

ORA Rose Mille & ORA Miami Orchid-
DSCN1075.jpg

Tyree Prostrata
DSCN1074.jpg

Green w/ purple tip acro

DSCN1073.jpg

My Boys
08-09-06_0942.jpg

My own "ConcreteReefer pink weeds"
DSCN1029.jpg

Wonkavision Challice
DSCN0976.jpg

Nasty Zoo spiders
DSCN0710.jpg

Luzon Anthias
DSCN0984.jpg

Purple Monster
DSCN0969.jpg

Sunset Monti
DSCN0965-1.jpg

Tyree Tenius
DSCN0967.jpg

Acans
DSCN0695.jpg

13' gator next to my size 13 flip flop ;)
img020.jpg

Frankie

RS STAFF
Everyone has a mermaid,
Welcome to RS concretereefer :)
The system looks nice and well planed. How do you like the Prodibio so far? Could you post a few macro shots of the SPS?
I like the frag tank. Did you build it or have it made? I am in the works on building one right now.
Enjoy the site. I look forward to reading more onyour system. If you go here you can start a tank journal~ http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/reef-chronicles/ just hit 'New Thread' Or I could move this one over there for you.

Everyone has a mermaid,
Welcome to RS concretereefer :)
The system looks nice and well planed. How do you like the Prodibio so far? Could you post a few macro shots of the SPS?
I like the frag tank. Did you build it or have it made? I am in the works on building one right now.
Enjoy the site. I look forward to reading more onyour system. If you go here you can start a tank journal~ http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/reef-chronicles/ just hit 'New Thread' Or I could move this one over there for you.

My camera sucks, trying to sell a few Frags so I can get a nice D60 ;)..

Prodibio.. well, It seems to be working. I've been dosing Vodka for about 16 months and started the Prodibio about 2 months ago as an alternative. I don't think I've been using it long enough to know how much of an affect it has on my system, and I'm still dosing Vodka.

I can say this, My corals are growing like mad and they look better than ever..

CKiransReef

concrete reefer.....that tank looks mighty familiar....lol this seems like a nice place to temporarily hang our hats....CKiran's Reef:LOL:

Ugly looking pycnogonid's (sea spiders), I hope to never come accross them... Are they common?

I don't know how common they are, they came on some zombie eye zoa's I bought a few years ago. They haven't touched any of my other zoo colonies but they have been an ongoing problem for 2 years. I've tried everything (dip, manual removal, & medications) but throwing my zoo's down the drain and they won't go away.