Xenia ready to go on back of tank

KimPossible

I want to get my pom pom xenia up the back of my tank.

I cut a stock and had it attach to a small piece of rubble.

Will putty stick to glass? Or should I use glue?

Also, I was absoultly amazed at how much mucus they produce. Damn! Scared me to death at first!....lol

Frankie

RS STAFF
yeah Kimposible, you could use that putty that is used and sold for holding the live rock. But if you ask me, I would tie it to some rock rubble and place that against the glass where you want it to grow. week or so and it will seperate from the rock. It will apear as if its being torn apart and freak you at first but just leave it. Thats the way it moves. Heres mine but I wasnt trying to get it to do it. And its on the front! lol damn!

KimPossible

I was thinkin the orange color with pumkin scent would go nicely....lol..
dave, your a sh*%...LOL

No, something like Aqua Stick. Do you know if it will stick to glass? Or will it fall off before the Xenia has a chance to attach?

Frankie, I wanted to start it somewhere in the middle....not at the bottom

Witfull

that should hold untill it attaches itself,,,just dont bump it,,,alot of things we want to stick to glass wont. the xenia should begin to spread onto the glass rather quickly, and will scrape off nicely at fragging time.

KimPossible said:
dave, your a sh*%...LOL
gee thanks,,,thats the nicest thing ive been called all week :)

KimPossible

awwww I'm sorry witful, I didn't intend it to be mean :tears:

:craig:

Gonna puddy first thing this Sat. Thanks! :bigbounce

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Awesome Kim.. Can't wait to see your xenia 'backdrop' :) FWIW.. Mine began on a rock leaned up against the back glass. The xenia spread up and towards the light as they grow.

KimPossible

Yeah, maybe i will start at the bottom, since they are not going to grow "down". Thanks for reminding me.

I'll let you all know when I have successful attachment!

I've been thinking about doing this since I saw your tank Doni~ your backdrop is beautiful. OOHhhhhh and....my blue xenia never came through.... or at least not yet :(

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Thanks Kim :) But I have lost all but 3 polyps of my pompom. :( The elongata is growing fast as usual. Go figure~

KimPossible

Ladies and Gentelmen... we have successful attachment!!!
Thanks for your help!
Xenia_Attaches.jpg

KimPossible

Thanks guys, it was a little tough. It took a bit longer than I thought, the stock kept "pushing" away from the glass at first... then i remembered what Ffrankie said on chat one time..."Squish it, it will be freaky at first"... so it got squished :)

Last edited:

KimPossible

I leaned my Xenia covered shell against the back wall....everything is moving up and off...LOL...LOL..LOL!
Well...once again...lesson learned!

I had fun the other way....this way is just to easy! Someone kick me :p

KimPossible

Hi ya Gina!
Yup, the Xenia are doing very well.... I am working on my second set moving up and off...... I know your looking for a pic! You pic hound :)
I'll get one posted soon.