www.reefcleaners.org Above and beyond . . .

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I've been working with John from ReefCleaners.org - Home on my clean up crew. We worked out some #'s and John prepared my shipment. We agreed for 2nd day USPS as the temps were within normal range and snails ship fairly well. (I'll admit I could have gone over night but we ALL know how shipping companies rates are going through the roof). So he shipped on Tuesday morning. We discussed that it HAD to arrive at my office by 4:30PM Friday or they would have to wait all weekend because we don't have weekend delivery. It seemed perfectly "doable". John shipped as planned. Thursday no packages arrive. Friday our delivery girl comes and still no packages. I contact John and both of us are now highly concerned. I go TO the post office just in case. Nothing.. nadda.. zilche....

I get lucky and run into our delivery girl who happens to be a good personal friend of ours. She just happened to be working the next morning and agrred to keep a keen eye out for my missing package. She took my cell phone # and promised to do anything she could. We roughly 11:30am she calls... there IS a packge from John for me at the PO. I promptly go running there (I'm less than 3 minutes from the PO). She greets me with the package and I come home and start floating them ASAP. John has provided indepth acclimation instructions before shipment. I follow them precisely in an "expedited" manner. I contacted John to let him know they have arrived but "condition" is still unkown.

Upon opening each of the FOUR bags (This is a HUGE order of snails) my wife immediately says, "That smell can't be good. It's like dead flesh or something." Well she was right. We had to immediately open windows and start some air flowing through the house.

After "Acclimation" was over I placed all the snails into a bright white plastic "sample" basket in the tank. This way I can see which ones have expired after a couple of days. This also made it easier to take pictures to document the loss rate so I could provide this to John.

.......... Fast forward 3 days (some cerith go into shock/hibernation mode for up to 3 days)....

Ok at least 1/2 of the shipment never moved an inch. I contacts John and he was so considerate and helpful. He did an immediate refund of the documented loss (even though I offered to split the loss with him 50/50 because I am the one who chose shipping method). Then we made arrangements to ship again next week.

In my eyes John did EVERYTHING he could and THEN some to assure his shipment arrived alive. USPS (once again) dropped the ball repeatedly and cost the lives of MANY snails. I want to make sure EVERYONE knows what an amazing business person John is. If anyone is looking for a quality Clean Up Crew (with free Custom Quotes ahead of time) please give Reef Cleaners an opportunity to serve you in your Clean Up Crew needs.

Thank you Reef Cleaners.

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
Sorry to hear that Al. Luckily John has integrity. For future reference, never trust the USPS.

Stacef

Thank you so much for sharing, they will be my first in line on my next order I consider!

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Sorry to hear that Al. Luckily John has integrity. For future reference, never trust the USPS.

I actually went TO the Post Office today and spoke directly to the "District Dude". I had "heard" stories before about this area being "delayed delivery" from USPS, Fed-Ex and UPS but never knew why. Now I have a MUCH better understanding.

We are WAY up in the mountains of Western North Carolina. There is only one "Regional Airport" and it's not serviced by any of the "courier's air service" so all parcels have to fly into Charlotte, NC. That's at least 3 hours away. So by the time a shipment is flown in to Charlotte, off-loaded and then on a dedicated truck to the Mountains it's already too late for THAT day's delivery route. so Over-Night to WNC is 2nd day and that's as good as they will guarantee. You'd think that would mean "less $$" but that would be a NEGATIVE! Go figure! I get penalized for living in God's country :)

Now I know......

showjyr

I ordered from John last week. Not a huge order but still my entire new cleanup crew. I contacted him on Thursday and said that I had not received a package. He checked on things but could not get a local of the shipment, after that he immediately refunded my purchase and shipping cost. He said it would ship again this monday with a few extra goodies(even though it was no fault of his). He said I would not be charged until I contacted him and made sure everything arrived in good condition.

He has sure earned my business, great guy!

-Jack

seafansar

He should switch to Fed-ex. They seem to be the best shipping company IMO. Then he wouldn't have to spend so much refunding people for DOA's. I've decided not to order anymore livestock unless it's shipped through Fed-ex. I live in hot FL, so corals and stuff don't do well on a hot truck for hours on end. At least Fed-ex has the "before 10:30am" guarantee. My last package from UPS didn't arrive till 6:30pm and one coral died. Enough with my ranting. Sorry!

I'm going to check out reefcleaners.org now!

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
does reef cleaners give you the option to use ups?

There does not seem to be an option to use other shipping sources. This is one reason I have hesitated from ordering. USPS ABSOLUTELY CAN NOT BE TRUSTED TO GET IT THERE ON TIME AND USPS DOES NOT CARE IF IT GETS THERE ON TIME! Furthermore, IMO, no live animal; snail, crab or otherwise, should be shipped any other way but over night.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
You have a VALID point Scott! Very valid indeed. I have an order of corals coming today that are "Over Night" so I'm anxious to see how they arrive.

When I get the re-shipment of snails in I'll post back here. I have HIGH hopes all will be well :)

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Ok time for an update! I spoke with John over the "mortality" issue and the following Tuesday he re-shipped the portion of the order that didn't live (and then some I believe). They came in as planned 2nd day and from what I can tell this delivery had an almost 100% survival rate!

GREAT WORK John! thank you for being a sponsor and for GREAT Customer Service! A++
:thumber: