WTB Stock Skimmer or Tunze?

Hi,

I recently purchased a used RSM 130 that is missing the skimmer. Does anyone who upgraded their skimmer still have the original to sell? I will only have a clown or two in the tank with my corals so I don't think I need a powerful skimmer. However, if I cannot find the stock skimmer and decide to buy a Tunze 9002, what's the average price for a used one or is buying one used too risky?

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
I had a member sell me an extra 130D new in the box skimmer & pump - when he started a new tank with a 9002 - for $35 shipped

That was a great deal - imo - bet some member here - has one they would sell... where do you live?

bigvag

I have a stock skimmer for a 130 that I would sell. Well when I say stock I mean a modded stock skimmer. The average price for a used tunze is around 90ish.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
also not sure a 130D skimmer will work in a 130 tank... maybe someone will know... you have a 130 or 130D tank? The 130D has a water level window on the left hand side...

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Be sure you get the correct one - if it's a 130 the 130D skimmer won't fit, and vice versa.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
My older 130 skimmer performed very poorly. I'd advise going with the media rack and Tunze 9002 skimmer - it also avoids having to keep media under the 2 pumps.