WTB - RSM 250 skimmer pump

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
My five year old RSM 250 skimmer pump has started making a loud buzzing noisy that cleaning won't fix, I am pretty sure it's about to go on out. It could be I just need a new impeller, but I am not sure... I see a slight crack in the shaft. (any advise here... would be appreciated, if you think an impeller would fix it...)

Anyone in the RSM Club have a RSM 250 skimmer pump they want to sell?

I can pick one up from @StevieT at inTank if no one has a used one they want to sell at a fair deal, I was just thinking someone may have converted to another type of skimmer & have their old one that they may no longer needed.

If you can help me out or are interested, :smile: Drop me a PM (Private message) call Conversation in our new forum software (the little envelope icon top right of every page) I can send a PayPal payment or check (to known RS member) and would need it shipped to Arkansas (USA) 72116

Cheers Glenn !

Pic of the RSM 250 skimmer I need below...

RSM%20250%20skimmer.jpg

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Glenn, I will look when I get home this evening & see if I can find what I did with mine :ponder2: If so, I will PM you! :)

Leo

Hey, I'll trade you mine for a left side pump ( if you happen to have one. I'm trying to find one myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leo

MY apologies to nanoreefing4fun. I went to look at the skimmer/ pump and realized it was specific to this skimmer. I feel that while I went be using this skimmer, probably best to keep it together as a set in case I go to sell the tank one day. Someone may not want to deal with my whole overflow/ sump system.. I am sorry I jumped the gun on that. seriously.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
one more :bump: then off to StevieT (inTank) for a new one :clink:

was hoping to find a used one at like 1/2 price, someone no longer needed :java:

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Cheers ! Pablo ! That would be super cool !

A bit of history... When Red Sea 1st came out with the RSM 250 they used Hydor pumps for the skimmers that had real over heating problems, in June of 2010 Red Sea switch to Sicce pumps, the Sicce pumps were much... better & are the current model. (says Sicce on them)

Looking for a Sicce pump, if anyone has one - thanks !

pablomay28

Cheers ! Pablo ! That would be super cool !

A bit of history... When Red Sea 1st came out with the RSM 250 they used Hydor pumps for the skimmers that had real over heating problems, in June of 2010 Red Sea switch to Sicce pumps, the Sicce pumps were much... better & are the current model. (says Sicce on them)

Looking for a Sicce pump, if anyone has one - thanks !
It is a sicce pump I just have to find it. Ill post when I do.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Cheers Pablo :clink: that's it, PM sent

I know it's an effort to box something up and mess with shipping for someone you just know on a forum, so I really appreciate the effort & very nice offer ! The best of RS !!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

hgd-logo-rgba-tm-525x220.png

Last edited:

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Thanks again Pablo, for getting it on it's way sooooo fast ! I got the tracking number you sent & sent shipping cost plus + some... much appreciated !

Leo

Not really. I was on my cell and out of the house most of the weekend. And my laptop is getting surgery! I tried to find my post yesterday and had no luck. But it's ok. You explained and I must of had a brain freeze. I Made 2 hofer gurgle busters ( pieces ready to go onto plumbing) when after I started to put the plumbing together, I realized there is no way I will fit dual 1.25" overflows. So one overflow will have to work. I will be running an iwaki RLT 40 from the sump into the chiller and back up to tank. Relieved my check valve "ball" type from US plastics. It will be coming right on top of pump with regulating ball valve on top of that. The "red sea chiller " connector will be used for my UV. Got an Eheim external 1262 with ball valve attached for adjustment. I figured how to prime it which was so exciting as so many said it wasn't possible. ( based that my pump will be below tank, externally, and pulling water down and then back up!