WTB Rose Bubble Tip Anemone

take a look at my thread, even tho i haven't updated it in a while..you should make a thread as well...do you have any pics you can post? are the soft corals still alive?

calabdiver

no I gave them all away to a friend cause I knew I wasn't gonna be into it for a while after the divorce. I did look at the thread however I dont have the pics of the way it was before I only have pics of the way it is now

calabdiver

That sounds like a good idea It is a pretty bare system right now a good place to start I guess I only have 12lbs of live rock a fire fish, and a maroon clown it there now + a clean up crew

the mastercube that you got does it have PC lights or t-5's? mine came with t-5s and they would grow low to medium light requiring corals like LPS..

calabdiver

I actually got the tank in a fish auction in a raffle it was origionally supposed to be a seahorse tank for my wife, but I stole it from her and turned it into a reef tank, but its ok I bought her a 90gal. tank so she can have a trigger tank lol

morau89

thats what I thought I have seen them at the lfs under pc lighting so I thought I would be able to do it. I have a maroon clown that I want to make happy so I thought I would get him a anemone.

Many fish stores keep anemones under pc lighting for short periods of time but if you want to keep a healthy anemone for over a few weeks then i would say you need better.

PEMfish

Listen to Al, YOU CAN NOT DO IT IN YOUR INADEQUATE TANK! Dose that spell it out, cause you have not seemed to get it. I will not apologize as I am sick of seeing this scenario and meant no personal attack.

SJS

If you are set on an RBTA PLEASE PLEASE buy a captive grown. They are essential to their host clowns in the wild and taking them from the wild devastates the local area. They are difficult to maintain in a home aquarium so please do not experiment with a wild caught one.
If you are set on having one - please do some research and find one that has been "tank bred".

calabdiver

no no I'm waiting now that I have gotten a lot of good responses I know I need to get better lighting so I'm ordering a metal halide this week

Midnight

How about a bubble coral could it live under his lights?? They look a little like a BTA and they don't move around.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
never mind it looks like they need strong light too

to THRIVE ( opposed to just merely surviving ) all Anemone need Strong to REALLY strong lighting. Some people "Get away" with less for some time but that's only because the animals have a VERY slow metabolism and seem to do well for months on end and then one day just deteriorate quickly.