WTB Blue Velvet Nudibranch

pro99line

If anyone has a Blue Velvet Nudibranch they are finished with or if you know of a shop currently selling one let me know.

JulesVane

2 Just arrived at my home a few days ago from Doctors Foster & Smith at Liveaquaria.com
I bought them to help with my flatworm infestation. They did arrive live. I floated the bags for about an hour then slow drip acclimated them for at least another hour. I scooped them out, added them to my 90 gal. reef, they slithered behind my LR and I've yet to see them again (LOL). I'm hoping for the best....

I bought 5 of them once and well 1 of them lived for 3 days and then vanished never to be seen again. I have a green coras wrasse. this guy will eat nuddys and flatworms. but the bad part is he eats my snails too..:(

JulesVane

I bought a 6-Line, I bought a Yellow "Coris" Wrasse, I bought an Arrow Crab, I bought 2 Peppermint Shrimp, I bought a Mandarin Dragonet, A Blue/Green Chromis...ALL were SUPPOSED to eat Flatworms...I've actually seen the 6-Line and Yellow Wrasse pick one up and spit it out. Apparently, the 2 Blue Velvet Nudis didn't make it either. Stinkin' Flatworms gotta' go! I hate the thought of all we go through to keep prestine water conditions and then go dump poison in the tank via Flatworm Exit.

I had such a flatworm problem in my one tank that I moved my fish and cleaner shrimp out. I bought a six-line wrasse and two peppermint shrimp. Added them to the tank and didn't feed them since all are capable of eating flatworms. Trust me they ate ALL the flatworms. Though most people aren't capable of moving all fish to do this. I only had two clowns and a goby. The clowns went into my 12g and the goby to my 6g...neither of which had any fish. Then I sold six-line and slowly moved fish back to my main tank.

JulesVane

See...That's a great idea, but a major problem when I have so many other fish to feed. I'm cutting WAY back on my feeding now. I've been on "the list" at so many LFS's for Blue Velvet Nudibranches in N.Y., C.T. & N.J. I can't even remember them all...LOL

JulesVane

Pro99line...You CAN get them from liveaquaria.com (Foster & Smith), I bought 2 @ $23.99 each and shipping was a flat rate $35.00. I just don't think I will try it again 'cause I'd rather SEE the Nudibranches FIRST this time.