Wretched's RSM 130

Lipman

Cant ask for anything better then that, all the sweet mods are already done! Going to be a great deal for whoever picks that up off your hands!

Wretched

Yep, depending on how long Chris has the tank... I may have to pick that up. I'm moving into a bigger place in Aug/Sept.

Dom - Im using the StevesLED and can't find a good light ratio for them. Im not using a controller, just the potentionmeters. 16 RB / 12 NW. I've had them for 3 months now... and still unsure about how strong to keep them. I changed them constantly... I did acclimate and ended up with RB 100% / NW 60% and some corals were happy, some were not! Seems my LPS were receeding. So I turned it down It's about 70% RB and 60% NW now... Recommendations? Some SPS bleached white tips, and 1 Acro browned... They're all the same height on the frag rack!

I actually bought this tank at the beginning of March this year, shortly after the MAX convention. I saw the Red Sea setup and that made up my mind for me. I got it from 7Seas in San Pedro.

Wretched

Just a little update, my rsm is doing wonderful. Got me an awesome Chaeto light w/ 3x3w(2 red/1 Blue) Bridgelux LEDs. Literally just a smidget bigger than a chapstick fits perfect in chamber 1. In the mean time, check out my new pico frag tank!! It's finally cycled and g2g!

Tank: Mr. Aqua 3G Bowfront
Lighting: Coral Compulsion Par30 (3RB / 3NW / 1UV)
Filter: TopFin 10
ATO: JBJ Ato

I built the frag rack out of regular egg crate. It holds a total of 45+ frags. I have 18 on it xD. Not housing anything crazy just your basic zoas/softies/Beginner SPS.

IMG_2678_zpsa8b80d92.jpg

Wretched

So after lots of cleaning of the back chambers(vacuumed everything out). Finally finding a good % Ratio with my lights and a few weeks of recovery/carbon dosing with the Anemone dying... Here's a FTS I've never seen my Euhpyllias/Gonipora so happy...
Thanks Dom for help.

Don't mind my dirty glass :) Needs a cleaning haha

IMG_1865_zpsf35aace0.jpg

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Tank is looking fantastic mate!! :D
Glad to see everyone is really happy again and hopefully all the growth goes back to normal :)
I love the colour of that plate coral too!! :drooool:
Don't mention it! :) I'm more than happy to help mate :)

Wretched

Thanks guys, I have terrible news... I was removing skimmer cup and I dumped a BUNCH of water down the back of the tank on accident. Thank being said, It all dripped into my Power supply from stevesLEDs. I hope I didn't burn on the LEDs themselves and just the powersupply. So I ordered a new PS and for temporary lighting im using a Par30 from Coral Compulsion and a Par38 from Ledtric. Here's the twist... After about 5 hours of having this Par38 from ledtric over my tank... MY CORALS ARE LOOKING BETTER THAN UNDER STEVESLEDS... Whats going on here? I'm considering changing out lighting because of this! The colors are awesome too...? I don't get it...? Im at loss for words. That's under the Par38 that is, the par30 is lacking(its not full spectrum) Explain this lol... I'm debating going all par38's(3-4) or to a 6 bulb t5 fixture...

Here's LEFT Par30(coral compulsion)side... Obviously not enough light BUT my elegance is monsterous.. Pics only do justice..
IMG_2786_zps40e11949.jpg

Here's RIGHT Par38(LEDTRIC Full Spectrum) side... Again, not enough light but corals are DIGGIN IT!
IMG_2788_zps62831f66.jpg

Frag rack, never seen my AOG so open.
IMG_2789_zps17a9accc.jpg

Here's an awesome over the tank shot, wtf? Looks sweet!?
IMG_2790_zps40b37a28.jpg

Wretched

So it's official. I am getting rid of the hood and also the StevesLED retrofit. So once the new power supply comes i'll be selling them...

And I am now saying hello to the Maxspect Razor R420R 120! WOOT!

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Nice choice! :)

When are you going to get the maxspects?? Take lots if pictures cause I'd love to see them in action!

Wretched

Oh you know I will, I ordered them today... Marinedepot is about an hour drive away and yes I am that lazy so I get it shipped. Monday at the latest. If i'm lucky... Tomorrow :) All the reading I have done since I burnt out my power supply... I have heard incredible things on the razor. I love the sleek look as well.

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
They do look sleek! Congrats on the upgrade, looking forward to the pics!

Wretched

Ok, so I am getting rid of my StevesLEDs. I decided to go back to T5's. I ended up buying a cheap 6x24w fixture off ebay and switched out the bulbs for ATI bulbs as follows: Blue+, Blue+, Blue+,Purple+,Blue+,Coral+. And can I tell you how happy I am. SO much brighter, no dead spots... Colors look more "Natural" and not just green pops. Let's just hope my corals acclimate okay. I'll post pictures in a couple minutes!

Wretched

Here we go. Everything isn't open as I have only had the lights on for - 1 Hour.

IMG_3032_zpsdfb4a84a.jpg

IMG_3027_zps6354cc59.jpg

And here's my RBTA deciding to bull doze over anything in its path and currently working on my Pink and gold dust zoa

IMG_3030_zps374cbf85.jpg

Wretched

Update Day 2: The response I have got from 99% of my coral is positive. They look excellent and huge. Very happy and healthy. I am 120% satisfied with my decision. The 1% is my flowerpot, he's a little pissed off at me right now... But it's ok, I stare at him wrong and he decides to close up on me.

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Awesome mate :) Tank is looking really good :) You certainly have some nice pieces on your frag rack!