Wrasse ID Help Please!

Setragni

I got this wrasse today and have been told its a mystery wrasse. It looks like one but does not have the black dot on the tail. What is it then?
Im not sure if every mystery wrasse has the dot on the tail tho.

Sorry for the crappy iphone pic

47c473c2-c62b-26df.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Setragni

$29
I also got a pair of females lyretail anthias for the male i already have. But the anthias are pink with yellow tail instead of yellow with orange. Any thoughts?

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Nice fish...... I figured "price paid" would be a good indicator of whether or not it was a mystery wrasse, those buggers are like $150!

Setragni

Anthias, lyretail or not?

Females.
47c473c2-4593-e3e4.jpg

47c473c2-45af-b92e.jpg

47c473c2-4609-9722.jpg

Male

The male has the big fin on the back.
I know he is a lyretail but im not sure about the females
47c473c2-45ef-1bed.jpg

Setragni

They look more orange on the pictures. I wish they were more yellow than pink.

Setragni

Also i had the male in the tank before the females. Now the females are swimming together and the male doesnt interact with them.

fishguy4

its prob nothing to worry about. If u think about it the male is prob used to being by himself and the females are used to being together. He will prob start interacting soon just give him some time and dont mess with him :)

Regardless of the color the female anthias are the correct form. Some may have been trying to become male in a previous tank or in the wild

sk8rdn

Has been struck by the ban stick
Setragni said:
Also i had the male in the tank before the females. Now the females are swimming together and the male doesnt interact with them.

The females are just on their way to the restroom. They go in groups, ya know... Leaving the guys to sit idly by and wait... Lol.

....Insert Funny Signoff Here....