Wrangy's 50 Gallon Reef Cube

Wolffman64

Corals looking really good mate!
Now you only have to start cleaning that front glass as well :laughroll:laughroll:laughroll

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Corals looking really good mate!
Now you only have to start cleaning that front glass as well :laughroll:laughroll:laughroll
:laughroll :laughroll
Thanks Jan :) I really should buy a razer and get onto it but I'm lazy and it only bothers me occasionally :p mainly when taking pics haha

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
I have a hammerhead algae free which I love, I'll just get a razer to do the corner bits lol

I am currently fighting caulerpa nummularia, lobophora variegata, some hair algae and a bit of bubble, I'm slowly winning the war. I'll get there though :)

Basile

I have a hammerhead algae free which I love, I'll just get a razer to do the corner bits lol

I am currently fighting caulerpa nummularia, lobophora variegata, some hair algae and a bit of bubble, I'm slowly winning the war. I'll get there though :)

A seahare might help , just a though. I noticed that mine leaves all my red algaes alone , but goes after my green macro's , like ulva, caulerpas, i tough i could keep him long term, i may have to alter that though. I still have the option of putting him with the pod tanks lots of cuttings and chaeto, and the main tank as well. He's gotten big and fat. i don't how big they get but he's starting to take some room.

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
A seahare might help , just a though. I noticed that mine leaves all my red algaes alone , but goes after my green macro's , like ulva, caulerpas, i tough i could keep him long term, i may have to alter that though. I still have the option of putting him with the pod tanks lots of cuttings and chaeto, and the main tank as well. He's gotten big and fat. i don't how big they get but he's starting to take some room.

I might add a small foxface to the tank if I get desperate down the line but for the moment it's a no go with the stocking I'm at! I actually don't think I've ever seen any seahares here in Aus lol maybe I'm not looking hard enough! Maybe I should change to artificial salt water and see if that helps.

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Get the foxface! I'd love to have one lol
I'd love to but I'd hate to upset the balance I have lol I have an angelfish so I'm about as happy as you can get! Would love a butterflyfish too though! They're both my favourites :D

Wolffman64

I finally bought a foxface, and I really love him/her. It still has small posturing fights with the blue and yellow tangs, but nothing serious and it's just a bit of establishing ranks now. No injuries, and they swim along most of the time.

I was worried about it maybe nipping at corals, but I haven't seen anything like that yet.

Get one, get one, get one.....

Basile

I finally bought a foxface, and I really love him/her. It still has small posturing fights with the blue and yellow tangs, but nothing serious and it's just a bit of establishing ranks now. No injuries, and they swim along most of the time.

I was worried about it maybe nipping at corals, but I haven't seen anything like that yet.

Get one, get one, get one.....

If he's kept fed properly he won't nip at things, it when he's missing somethings in his diet that they start poking around. A good vareity is a good idea to keep them occupied. at least two choices per day. Thats how i keep mine in line. Don't be surprise if after the pecking order is established he keeps to himself , they're very shy fish .

Oxylebius

I'm also on the 'get a foxface' band wagon! The smaller ones like the one spot should be held in a 70g tank, but you can get a small one in your 50g and see how it goes. I've had one in a 55g for ~4 years or so, it wasn't a fast grower and didn't reach adult size in that time, which surprised me. Stunted growth? Don't know.

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Talk about peer pressure!! :laughroll I'm also on the get a foxface bandwagon, I'd love to get one to help out! But with my stocking I'm not sure I'd be able to add one. 50g tank with the following:
1x Royal Gramma
1x Flame Hawkfish
1x Yellow tail Pygmy Angelfish
2x Dispar Anthias
1x Bellus Angelfish
That's six fish with a couple needing a big more swimming space, not sure if the addition of a foxface is a good idea? lol

Basile

Talk about peer pressure!! :laughroll I'm also on the get a foxface bandwagon, I'd love to get one to help out! But with my stocking I'm not sure I'd be able to add one. 50g tank with the following:
1x Royal Gramma
1x Flame Hawkfish
1x Yellow tail Pygmy Angelfish
2x Dispar Anthias
1x Bellus Angelfish
That's six fish with a couple needing a big more swimming space, not sure if the addition of a foxface is a good idea? lol

I'm not a Fox police but i can just say this , its a fish that needs room and at 9" fully grown they need a minimum of 100G + . But even at 6" its going to be stressful for everybody in that tank, your looking at stress related desease maybe who knows. Your call.

Oxylebius

I know, you are both right :thumbup:
I love this fish and so wanted to jump on board :smack:
It must have been the gin talking earlier :away:

Basile

I know, you are both right :thumbup:
I love this fish and so wanted to jump on board :smack:
It must have been the gin talking earlier :away:

Perfect excuse to say............ honey we need a bigger boat,ahh tank!!

1395173_688843674461432_213774060_n.jpg

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Size is the strongest contributing factor behind my other scaly mates, if I was to get one, it would be a very small juvenile specimen and only be there for a few months to clear out the algae that no one else eats but for the moment it isn't going to be happening. My number one priority with my fish is not to upset the balance that I have in the tank and everyone's happiness :)