Wow!!!

redseareef

RS Sponsor
Dave,
Thats a awesome tank huh? He feeds all those fish a few times a day too. Everything looks VERY healthy in that tank!!

funkpolice

too many fish for my taste, and the video is kind of overproduced and tacky, but it is an amazing tank. How big do you think it is? Very cool.
bill

wooddood

the wood dude
beautiful tank but i agree he is way overstocked in my opinion, but everything does look healty. good luck to him though.

dave.:clink:

redseareef

RS Sponsor
if memory serves me correct that tank is 3-400 gallons. To feed that tank like that and have that amount of fish w/ all those acropora corals he uses ALOT of rowaphos.
That is a beautiful tank!!

mbdave

Yep lot of fish, but with the exception of some depressed reefs I have dove theres always a bunch of fish. Also I read something on the tank before about filtration and it has a killer system. Personally I love lots of fish.
Steve, whats it matter??

ReefLady

Staff member
I'm moving this to the General Reef Aquarium forum - unless I am mistaken, this is not a RSM tank (please let me know if I'm wrong). :)

Last edited:
Wow! Huge tank and packed full.
Not sure I agree with the fish selection though. Angel was pecking at coral in the video! Very neat schools though! Would love to see more specs on the tank.

funkpolice

when you have a 1200 gal tank, you can have angels that pick at coral and not even notice. Lot's of fish on the reef eat coral, but it doesn't make it look depleted. I wish I had the money/time/knowledge to have a tank like that. Compatibility is a smaller concern when you have that much volume.
bill

Varga

Owners Name: David Saxby
Year the tank was set up: Photos 1 -10 Set-up in 1995, Photos 11 - 17 Set-up in 2003
Size and Volume of the Tank: J-Shaped - 3 feet (1m) x 8 feet (2.7m) x 6 feet (2m) and 47 inches (117cm) high - approximately 1700 US Gallons
Sump Size: 1500 US Gallons
Pounds of Live Rock: 2000 Pounds
Sand Type/Depth: ROWAlith/4 inches (20 cm)
Type of Biological Filtration: Berlin

Reader submitted photos: David Saxby

Lol yeah didnt see this model RSM in the Drs catalog.

I cant even begin to imagine the maintenance schedule for this thank. Like 100-200 gallon weekly water change/ :bouncebox

Amazing Tank!

ReefLady

Staff member
What is rowaphos?

Phosphate remover/reactor. I believe he has 2 phos. reactors. Rowaphos is the media in the reactor.

I cant even begin to imagine the maintenance schedule for this thank. Like 100-200 gallon weekly water change/

If I remember correctly, his process of doing a water change spans several days.