Would you buy...

ToeSloth

A silver RSM 130 prebuilt (new) in store on sale for $699. I really wanted black and the upgrades on the new one but this seems like a good deal....

Hopefully you all can let me know!

Best,

Chris

redseareef

RS Sponsor
Hi Chris,
Well, thats a very good question. I personally do not like silver. But, if you can live with the color for that price go for it!
Sounds to me like it was a display model! Also, is it the 130 or 130D Sounds like the 130.
If it was me I would offer them 550.00. Tell them you want it, but do not like the color. Second, tell them the NEW 130D model is out!!!
So, I would say 550.00. IF not, go for it and get the new model! That tank is going to sit there for quite a while!!!!
Let us know. If you offer 550.00 Chris, they may come back and counter-offer. If they say well, we can do 650.00 and you still want it. Tell them ok, I wil meet you part way,600.00 right now!!!! That's 250.00 LESS then the new 130D.
You could take that 250.00 and go buy a killer skimmer if you are not happy with the factory one. Personally, I would fine tune the skimmer and spend the saving on corals..............LOL
Let us know what happens

redseareef

RS Sponsor
Chris,
I should also mention in all fairness to the store. 699.00 is a good price for that unit! They are PROBABLY losing money on it at that price.
So, it's your call man..........................LOL

ToeSloth

Thanks for the advice. I did try to get them to come down, problem was it wasn't the owner. He said it had only been on the floor for a week...not sure If would believe that since it was the older model, but who knows. I asked if they would be willing to come down even 50 dollars and he said he knew that owner wouldn't go for that. I think for 150 dollars more I will buy the new model and get black. It's an investment that I want to keep around and be proud of. No compromising there! I did try to leverage the differences in models as well....telling him that I would need to buy a new skimmer! ha!

So I'm looking for anyone that knows of a percentage discount for a online retailer to order one. The code that got used for a 10% last week at thepetplace.com is no larger valid...shucks!

Thanks again! I will have one soon though.

mzreenie

I got my 130D from marineandreef.com, stand included, and complete start-up kit, and free shipping for $849.99.

ToeSloth

ReadSeaReef hook, lined, and sinkered me! Just made the plunge on a new Black 130D and I hear it looks to be on it's way tomorrow.

Thanks for the help everyone. I look forward to sharing my setup with everyone!

Best,

Chris