Wither xenia

MatthewJ

I recently got some xenia, I believe it's pulsing POM POM. It was only $5 for 3-4 pieces, so I went for it. It's very cool stuff, it pulsates open and closed. Looked dead when I put it in, and now looks great...maybe too great. I've heard it can be a nightmare to keep under control. Should I pitch or keep? I was thinking I could just trim it back every week or so if it grows fast...am I being naive? Thanks, Matt

redsea reefer

I was gonna get some too until i heard the same thing you did. I've seen pictures of them on the back wall, the sides and even on the sand bed, after that i decided not to get them. they sure are cool though pulsing the way they do.

danshan7476

I got some (4 pieces,or 4 heads )and I wish I didnt but the wife wanted them so I got them for 10 bucks and its been about a 2 months and I already had to trim 6 3 inch stocks with 5 head on each stocks off my highest rocks.That left me 8 stocks and about 4 to 5 heads per stock.If you do trim make sure you get every piece you trim off becouse if you dont it will grow back and dont let heads touch anything it will grow one there to.

danshan7476

I got some (4 pieces,or 4 heads )and I wish I didnt but the wife wanted them so I got them for 10 bucks and its been about a 2 months and I already had to trim 6 3 inch stocks with 5 head on each stocks off my highest rocks.That left me 8 stocks and about 4 to 5 heads per stock.If you do trim make sure you get every piece you trim off becouse if you dont it will grow back and dont let heads touch anything it will grow one there to.

scrap4u

I have the stuff growing, if you put small rocks by it, it will usually attach and not cause a problem. Stinky stuff to touch, cant get the smell off ya. I love it and it is fairly gentle if it touches something else.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Took me a few months of trimming to get rid of my Xenia - I had both types. I highly recommend keeping it away from your main rock, or al least mounting it on top - it will grow up towards the light, leaving other colonies as it spreads. Beautiful stuff but it often grows like a weed!

MatthewJ

It's actually in my substrate right now, and should be easy to remove pieces. I'm hoping if it goes anywhere, it will start going up the back glass.