Wiring Diagrams

newsalt

I need some help. Several months ago, I bought new lights for my new 120g tank from Hellolights. Well, believe it or not, I'm just now getting around to wiring them up ( I was building a new stand and canopy). Can someone help me with a wiring diagram to show me how to wire everything up? The MH ballast have several wiring coming out of it, 2 yellow, 1 black, 1 white, and 1 green w/white stripe.

Here's what I bought:

Two 175W ARO MH Ballast
Two Mogel Sockets
One ARO 2x55w CF Ballast
Two 175 MH bulbs
Two 65W CF bulbs
Power Cords
60" reflector

Any photos of how to neatly arrange the wiring would also be helpful. Here a picture of the reflector with the MH sockets and CF clips mounted.

Thanks.

Attachments

• 100_1901.jpg
    100_1901.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 54

billyr98

the 2 yellow and black and white and green are for each ballast i take it..

If so:

Both yellows go to the sockets of the Metal halide

Black = Hot wire (Feed)
White = Neutral Wire (Common)
Green = Ground Wire

Frankie

RS STAFF
Ill be tearing my lighting apart this week and re- building it all into my new canopy. Ill take some pic's for you as i go so you can see how its wired. its the same set up. keep an eye on my thread in reef journals called frankie's 120 glass experiment.

newsalt

yes, all the wires I mentioned are on each MH ballast. So, both yellow's go to the sockets. Does it matter which yellow goes to the white wire on the socket and which yellow goes to the black wire on the socket? Then I guess the white, black and green on the socket connect to the power cords I bought so I can plug the ballast into a wall outlet.

mopecula

there should be a wiring diagram on the ballast. take a good pic of it and post it. as long as I can see the pic clearly i should be able to tell you how to wire the ballast.

mopecula

Never mind, I just took a look at it and its like billr98 said it should be. also ground the ballast to a good ground.

newsalt

Here's a picture of the diagram on the ballast. The colors indicated on the ballast are wrong though. The "GREEN/YEL" is actually "GREEN/WHITE" and "SKYBLUE" is actually "YELLOW".

Attachments

• DSCN0268.JPG
    DSCN0268.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 27

Mad Mike

Doesn't much matter :) look from top to bottom. Top is your line voltage aka feed, and the others go to the lamp =)