Will Radion XR30W Gen3 with Wide Angle TIR cover a 65g

Aquadude

I am new to reef tanks and I'm about to purchase a 65g that is 36Lx18Wx24H. I initially planned to purchase 2 AI Hydras but learned that they are about to be discontinued. I'm now back to considering a Radion XR30W G3 with the wide angle lens. I was wondering if anyone has used this light with or without a wide angle TIR on a 65g. Can I get away with one light or do I need 2?

Aquadude

Whippetguy are you saying you replaced the RSM T5s with a radion? Is it mounted in the RSM hood? I would like to see pictures of that. I like the RSM but wanted LED for a few reasons.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

whippetguy

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
No, I ditched the hood completely and have my light hanging about 12 inches above the water. Without the hood, tank runs much cooler. I'm very happy with the outcome. I ran the tank with the T5s for about 2 1/2 years and once I got another tank that I used a Radion with, I had to make the change on my RSM.

Aquadude

No, I ditched the hood completely and have my light hanging about 12 inches above the water. Without the hood, tank runs much cooler. I'm very happy with the outcome. I ran the tank with the T5s for about 2 1/2 years and once I got another tank that I used a Radion with, I had to make the change on my RSM.

Nice tank. I love the videos and music. Thanks for your response.