Wife's Nano(Pico) Idea..

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Ok my wife has just enough "Desk-top" room to hold a very small tank. Per the dimensions listed online this tank Desktop & Starter Aquarium Kit: 3-gallon Deco Kit Aquarium will fit nicely in her "alloted" space. Yes it's tiny but that's what she's after. I would like to think that with our experience in our 10g at home and my experience with my desktop 12g Nano-Cube here at work we should be able to have a very successful micro reef.

Here are my thoughts:

Get the tank and set it up at home for cycling and such over the next few weeks. Her office closes down in a couple of weeks till after the holidays so it would be much easier to get it set-up at home and then simply transfer everything to her office after the 1st of the year. It's not because of her not having access to it over the time off but it would be so much easier to test & set up at home.

It would be mostly just some Zaos mushrooms, a shrimp and Neon goby.

What's the general consensus here?

michael_cb_125

Great Idea Al. Thats what I just got Megan. She loves it already and it has no corals in it yet. I have been looking at the leds that Jack just brought up. I might but two of the strips and put them on it just for supplementation. I think that you will like that tank. Just be careful it is acrylic and scratches easily. But it has a heck of a little PF on in. We can get ideas from eachother. I will be adding a few corals to hers this weekend. I used Sand Rock and water from my 100 gallon. So It is already Cycled. The rock I put in there is awesome. Many Clams and mussels on it. Good Luck Buddy~Michael

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
WOW!! I'd say!! Have you seen one Jack? I'd like to see that one first hand..

Did I mention WOW????

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Dude... this is 2007.. we are a society of "I want it NOW babies!" I was thinking like you'd already shot it over to my PM box. :lol:

No rush buddy. I don't even have a FREAKING DEBIT CARD to order anything *grumbling about CRIMINALS*

:)

AQTCJAK

RS Sponsor
2007 I know exactly what you mean when the breakers snapped @ the shop I had to close I couldnt do anything except sell water beacuse I didnt know pricing on everything else. It really sucked

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
It's a standing joke here with My VP that if the power goes out we can't even sell a 2x4 because we're so "Spoiled with Technology". And to be honest we spend a LOT of time and MONEY to have "Price Books" on our sales counter and keep them up to date weekly just for that reason. Kind of makes sense when you look back on it.

AQTCJAK

RS Sponsor
it does but if you have ever seen a product listing in the Aquatics industry these morons do everything by numbers in order not by the description so you look for ever

kathywithbirds

:LOL: I worked in a smaller store once, there weren't ALOT of power outages, but we were on the Jersey shore (near enough anyway) that sometimes weather "issues" happened... we finally decided to put prices stickers on the shelves, could tear 'em off easily if needed.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
So AL? you will be packing a saltwater lunch thermos?

:LOL: you know it buddy.

Update... once she gets the boss's approval we're gonna order the 6g Nano-Cube for her office. She wants a unit with a cover for aesthetics and honestly it's a better set-up for her. Not to mention I have about 6 months of experience with My nano so I have some additional input there :)

burning2nd

ya thats what ya gonna do.....

do a 2g reef, sand 3Lbs of small Lr super small concealed by rock over flow, some lock line over the wall for return, a small power head,
10g tank under the desk or across the room where ever, with a ATO from another container of Rowater.....

make it simple very little feeding, nothing to worry about besides "is the fresh water low?"

lighting small canopy? or i not current has some small fixtures that have legs, t5's,

may a 5 gal tank with a 70 watt sunpod SPS, 10g sump.

ah reef dream's