Who is from the Michigan/Ohio area?

AJ REEF

I think that is Claus' place, south east of the Coliseum. Nice open floor plan with all sorts of great stuff!

Pet Warehouse has improved their SW inventory as well.

jerry26

Petware house is my lfs of choice since i live like 4 minutes from it but i think their coral and nicer fish is priced a little high. This little shop called sea dwellers has some nice stuff too. Their prices are a little high as well but their corals are huge.

lbiminiblue

no, wouldn't get one either...well maybe...we had a largemouth bass that ate a koi once, so I'm a bit apprehensive about keeping anything bigger than oscars...although an arowana would look awesome.

AJ REEF

Different arowana have different attitudes, Black are the most docile, silvers are a bit more aggressive and get larger. Jardinis are tough customers.

Bass certainly can be greedy. Your Koi look really great BTW!

lbiminiblue

Thanks! The Koi have taken a beating, only one of the original four 'biggies' has survived-the black and orange one...I have one small demassoni cichlid in there too.

AJ REEF

Jerry, I haven't been to Sea Dwellers in FW. But The Sea Dwellers in Angola is basically my closest LFS with marine life.
Must be nice only four minutes from Petware house. That green moray is so creepy!

jerry26

Yea dude that thing is huge. I feel kinda bad for it sometimes. That tank is like 600 gallons and theres no room for it to swim. That little reef cube they have for a display made my girlfriend want one. So yesterday she bought a second tank for me to maintain.

AJ REEF

Yeah Jerry, that monster moray is pretty big even for the tank it is in. But when I was at the Shedd their display even though much larger, Didn't look much different. There were more of them in there they all kind hung out together leaning over a rock or stump. To me they don't seem like a fish that does alot of open water swimming. Nice to hear your GF is interested in the hobby ( even if you have to do most of the work) It will make purchases easier in the long run.

Mayja

Social Media Moderator
RS STAFF
Hey all! I'm a fellow Michigander who just joined the saltwater tanking community with my first 90 gallon fowlr.

AJ REEF

Nice you have you both here on Reef Sanctuary! R1junkie your handle looks familiar to me, You must get around the forums. :)

AJ REEF

That's true! Too bad most of those other forums aren't as polite as people are here.

It seems many and even some mods just have too little patience and come off as rude or belittling.

One of the things I like about reefing is hearing about peoples experiences with new approaches to issues in the hobby.

AJ REEF

Looks like we have a good group of people from our general area here on the RS! I noticed some of you do not have reef chronicles started or not linked to your avatar. I am a fan of this feature especially on a board of this size. If you think about it take the time and start one! It doesn't have to be the best tank ever or even close. It something you are personally working on and a great topic for discussion. Maybe in "other" forums there may be flaming or rudeness, but so far I haven't seen that at all here. :)