Who is from the Michigan/Ohio area?

Doogle

Southwest MI, travel to South Bend, IN area too.
May be selling coral, tanks etc. soon so people close to me will get the good deals.
(Maybe moving to the west coast soon)

lbiminiblue

yep. It tends to take a beating during the (winter??) months of SF, the Cichlids die off, but come back again. [video=youtube;CtMe3pIvbak]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtMe3pIvbak[/video] I have a huge pacu in there, but he hardly ever shows up for the camera.

AJ REEF

Very cool! I would have to have something like this if I lived where I could get away with it. I assume you have it netted to keep out cranes and other birds. Love me some FW predators. Used to keep a bunch back in the day. :)

lbiminiblue

Very cool! I would have to have something like this if I lived where I could get away with it. I assume you have it netted to keep out cranes and other birds. Love me some FW predators. Used to keep a bunch back in the day. :)

actually, no...we have had problems with herons and even pelicans before, but I hardly ever see them now. Possibly the threat of a big pacu lurking down there keeps them away...but I do like it a lot, I've got a shovelnose catfish in there who I hadn't seen in years and now he's about a foot. I would like bichirs in there and archer fish, since there are plenty of plants with bugs on them, but archers are brackish and the bichirs wouldn't be visible, most likely.

AJ REEF

You might be able to get away with the archers. I would do a bit more research though first. I knew a guy that kept scats in 100% fresh, and they were huge and thriving.

Bichers might look like snakes in a pond. Ever kept an arrowana? ;)

jerry26

I just found out about it not too long ago. I went to coral reef aquarium and he gave me their card. That guy has got some nice coral in there at decent prices.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2