• Carribean Blue Tang

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Kole Tang

Votes: 9 32.1%

• Total voters

Frankie

RS STAFF
How do you know a fish is happy?
There are no tang police here. Only people with advice based on knowledge and experience.
Were here Lynn, just undercover. ;)
Your right though, I would not tear apart a member here like i would on other sites.
But i am not beyond tearing into anyone trying to toss fuel into the fire here on RS. After all, we do not tolerate flame fanning here :whip:

Frankie

RS STAFF
Oh, I forgot to vote. I would get a yellow tang. Would fair better in your size tank and you would be helping some poor overly harvested animal get a better chance at life for a while longer.
They also add a nice splash of yellow to a system. One of my favorites :)

reefmasta

id either go with kole, or carib blue. had both and were perfect in my tank. either or is good. but my suggestion befor you put in any grazers (tangs,angels) you grow some established plants in your display so they have something to graze on and wont mow it all down and never come back =)) and also if enough plants= no water change and thats what im about. haha

Witfull

A kole or yellow would be just fine in a 4' 140 gal. The "tang police" will tell you that the ocean is not large enough for a tang! Most of them have minimal stocking experience or just regurgitate info they have read. Real experience says either one of the above would adjust well in your system and be happy for a life time!.

i dont regurgitate, but i will reiterate...there is a difference~

jhnrb

I also agree with witfull. although I do not presenly keep one, the yellow tang would be my recommendation for you to start with. good luck.

tex5620

Thanks for the help. I will go with the yellow tang. I agree that it will probably fit best in the tank and my wife likes them better than the kole. I guess it really was always between the two. yellows are so common i guess i was trying to get talked out of one but I love them two.