Which Tang is better off in my tank ?

Which tang would be better in my tank for at most 6ish months?

• 1"-1.5" Purple Tang.

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • 3.5"-4" Yellow Tang.

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kragon

to be honest i couldnt do that to one of my fish, getting rid of it to get another, i just think that is wrong in some sort of way but i guess i love my fish.

new reefer 03

thats the other dilema. i know its still in there, but i havent seen it for over a month. i have not seen an ich out break since i started them on my great nutrition garlic loaded mush... i realize its still "in there" but its not "active" and it hasnt been for a while.

Jeremy0322

I dont suggest this addition then, small tang with the stress of shipping is almost a sure thing to catch it if you know its still in there.

michael_cb_125

:away:

It is as though all who give advice know nothing.:dunno:

Ick+Newly Introduced tang= Disaster.

Trust me, you may have not "seen" the Ick for a while, but you add another fish, and I PROMISE that the Ick will show its ugly face once again.

~Michael

lcstorc

And the wheels on the bus go round and round.
Do we really need to repeat this circle?
He can't or won't qt/treat the ich.
Adding a small, stressed, fish is only asking for trouble.
There will always be another deal another time when you get your larger tank and can turn the 55 into your QT.

new reefer 03

:cursin: so no tang ? :tears:
its the best deal ever, lol.

:idea: without the 3.5" tang could i treat the fish ( including purple ) in a 10g?
that would be
one 3" LawnMower
two 1" clowns
one 1" Purple Tang

just a thought. it would de-ich my fish and maybe be the full price of a Purple after its all said and done.

i dont want everyone to get mad at me. this is just an idea, and i wont repeat my self or anything like that, just wondering...

Jeremy0322

It just really isnt a good time for you to get the fish. However, I really dont think treating them in a 10g is a good idea, it may be a baby but it still need more room than that right from the get go, I got him today and there is no way a 10g would work.

Jeremy0322

no pics yet, dont have access to a camera til this evening, but when I do they will be on my thread. However, no damage, no ick(so far), no HLLE, eating great, and very active.

new reefer 03

could/ should i treat the tang for ich with my other fish?

:woohoo:
just got the ok to treat my fish in a rubbermaid container. ill start another thread for that later :)

michael_cb_125

NO!

Why would you put a perfectly good PT in a tank with ick.

Keep what you have, and fix the current issue. THEN....MAYBE look into another fish. But personally I would STEER CLEAR of a purple tang. Why put a fish that is notably aggressive in a small tank. You are just asking for disaster.

~Michael

lcstorc

Sell the yellow.
Put the other fish in the 10g qt and treat appropriately while leaving the tank without fish for 10 weeks.
Then talk about what you are going to add and when.
This is a reef tank. It takes a lot of time and patience. Start learning that now. The gorgeous tanks you see on this forum and others take years to build and grow.
While you are treating the fish and leaving the tank empty, you will have time to research your next purchase and then put it in qt when you get it. Do not get any new fish until the qt of the original fish is done or you will have to repeat the process from the beginning.
That is my advice.
Take it or leave it.

new reefer 03

could i hold the purple tang in a "QT" until my fish are done, then add him with the new fish? that would give me the appropriate time to QT the tang, and de- ich my tank too :)

the rush on the tang is iuts 50% off.