Which T5 bulb combination?

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
I've heard this question a lot and I just received an email with this awesome video in it and I thought I'd share:
[video=youtube_share;6OSS_PoUX6o]http://youtu.be/6OSS_PoUX6o[/video]

Enjoy!

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Really cool! Nice to have those different combinations with different corals. So which combination are you going with?

david42

I saw a bulb that makes it harder to decide. Not sure if it's new, or I just noticed it.
It's called a 50/50. Says half 10,000, half acitnic.

StirCrayzy

Great comparison, perfectly done.
I wish they had another vid to also throw 10k&12k daylight bulbs in the mix with each color.

I liked #6 best, and I think I'm inspired enough to plug in my t5s again !
Thanks for sharing Bryan.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I like several of them but the ones I tend to like the best are

Purple PLUS & Blue PLUS

and

Purple PLUS & Coral PLUS

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
I have a 2 bulb retro to supplement my LED's so these combos work perfectly. I'm going with option 7 next as I have the purple plus in there now and just bought the coral plus. I have the actinic as well so i'll try that combo too.

I really like the T5/LED combos........make me feel good :)

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I have a 2 bulb retro to supplement my LED's so these combos work perfectly. I'm going with option 7 next as I have the purple plus in there now and just bought the coral plus. I have the actinic as well so i'll try that combo too.

Bryan what are the estimated colors/temp of your LED setup?

I really like the T5/LED combos........make me feel good :)
Well there you go :) At the end of the day that's really what this is all about. Most all of us got into this hobby because the way it looks and how that makes us feel.

:thumber:

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
I run 2 radions at 14k at the moment.......may tinker with it depending on how the new bulb impacts it but i don't anticipate it doing much.

Choff

I liked the actinic with blue plus and purple plus with blue plus

In addition to my LEDs that i run at around 12k to 14k (kessils so I'm guessing), I run a blue plus with a purple plus in front and a blue plus with coral plus in back.

StirCrayzy

Just plugged in my blue plus and actinic combo, but looks nothing like the vid. Maybe cause it's only 2x24w & 24" deep.

StirCrayzy

i mean specifically. Using those bulbs, my drab looking corals did not magically transform :(
I'd be happy to try again using yours ;) send em my way!

saltfan

On my 55 I use 2 coral plus 1 atinic and 1 blue plus. I love the look (a little blue ) and the corals seem to love it also. This thread reminds me its time to order more!

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
On my 55 I use 2 coral plus 1 atinic and 1 blue plus. I love the look (a little blue ) and the corals seem to love it also. This thread reminds me its time to order more!

aqaucave and advanced reef aquariums seem to have the best deal (no box charges!)

:)

Oxylebius

I like 5 (purple plus and AB Special) and 7 (purple plus and coral plus).
I would also like to know how many and in what order they are running them? Are they running them every other bulb, one and then the other?

I currently run the ones below, which look more like 5, a little more white due to a 10K bulb in the mix.

6xT5HOs (front to back)
*ATI Coral Plus
*RS Actinic
*ATI Coral Plus
*RS Actinic
*RS 10,000K
*ATI Actinic

You get better growth from sps on 10Ks so might as well run at least one of them.

Choff

Ok, there is another factor at work here. I just watched those videos again on my phone after watching them on the ipad. The look is quite different.

Oxylebius

So, has anyone tried out any of the combo's of T5 bulbs shown in the video on the first post? Is so, I'm wondering how it is going for you? Please post pics with your thoughts.