which reef safe fish has the most personality?

Rhodes19

He bothers absolutely nothing at all. I have a female as well that is smaller. They are both very docile. Except eating, he gets his fill then everyone can resume eating, lol. Great fish to have IMO, reef or not. These and crosshatch are the only shallow water triggers...??? reef safe, yep
I have a mated pair of clowns that are pretty big. The female is about4 1/2 inches and she bites me, Hard! when I really get in there to clean. Hurts too the little @$#%! . lol she gets me good sometimes. I smacked my elbow into the rim of the tank ripping my arm out after she nailed me good.haha got mad at that one...

Thanks fellers, thats good to know. I am thinking of getting a trigger but not sure which one. No hurry yet. I've been nibbled on a few times but nothing bad yet but they are still small. :)

fellers

Thanks fellers, thats good to know. I am thinking of getting a trigger but not sure which one. No hurry yet. I've been nibbled on a few times but nothing bad yet but they are still small. :)

I can honestly say that I would definitely not want my male to bite me, LOL. I am guessing it will pretty bad. He might even take a chunk. Thankfully they are very playful. The male will let me pet him...I love these fish
If your putting them in a reef tank I would highly suggest Blue Throats or crosshatch triggers. Nigers are up in the air. Might leave things alone and might also lay waste to your tank.

bbe22

I'm with DaveK and CindyP on this one. Hawkfish are really cool fish. However, I think that my Sailfin Tang is probably my favorite fish of all time. They just need a lot of room to swim. Mine associates the color blue with "feeding time" and is quite the avid eater. It's hard to overfeed with her hanging out in the tank, she's getting a belly on her. She's also very curious, and will follow me around when walking around the tank. I'm a big fan of all tangs, but the Sailfin is by far the most entertaining that I have come across.

And Chris, looking at that old post, if I had to guess, I'd say that's a rare Frankiefish...

fellers

Edison you BSJF has some really cool colors! I love them. Tom very cool pics to, Yours is saying get the F away from me.LOL
are they expensive fish?

If you want character, you want a lawnmower blenny. Not a lot to look at but they are comedians.

I heard they will eat your zoas or welsos...they r cute though!!! I wanted a starry blenny, but after hearing they will eat my coral...I decided not to :(

SecretAgent

Oh my Gosh! Bi color Blenny for sure! I had to buy one for each of my tanks because of their nutty nature and every one of them are shot out for sure. Like worms on crack, they are.

Those blennys are by far the most mischievous I have run across. All you see are beady eyes staring back atcha from a tiny dark hole when your eyes do catch sight of one hiding. They are a trip for sure. Those things are looking and watching things that arent even there, now thats shot out!

One of mine will reach out and grab me like hes playing tag or something. Just once and thats all it will do, but dang it! It scares the beejeesus out of me even though I know hes going to do it at some point

I wouldnt have a tank without a bi color blenny

IamELMO

I'll throw another blenny into the mix. My favourite personality is my molly miller blenny :) "he" eats so much he'll roll around on the ground so he needs to perch in a V in the rocks. Funny funny

spottheblenny.jpg

smkndrgn142

I love my pink and blue spotted Goby...he can be aggressive at times, but he's quite the character and such a joy to watch!

woolfe

I have to agree that the lawnmower blennys have awesome personalities. However, I have the cutest Hippo tang! He will play with small rocks and empty snail shells. He picks them off the bottom of the tank, swims to the top of the tank, drops it, and tries to catch it again before it sinks. He also has a habit of splashing me if I'm late feeding. He swims sideways at the top of the tank and flips water out (with amazing accuracy) with his tail at me. Then like the good trained person that I am I get up and feed him. LMAO

Montireef

I vote for the bicolor blenny and Midas blenny. Salarias fasciatus and sand sifter gobbys have lots of paersonality as well.

I have an acanthurus japonicus who looks very smart. He always recognises me and knows perfectly when is feeiding time.

greneis7

I have to agree that the lawnmower blennys have awesome personalities. However, I have the cutest Hippo tang! He will play with small rocks and empty snail shells. He picks them off the bottom of the tank, swims to the top of the tank, drops it, and tries to catch it again before it sinks. He also has a habit of splashing me if I'm late feeding. He swims sideways at the top of the tank and flips water out (with amazing accuracy) with his tail at me. Then like the good trained person that I am I get up and feed him. LMAO

Your fish sounds AWESOME!

bawla47

my votes for pygmy angelfish. there so cute!!

wrasses have alot of personlaity too.
had a 4 line that had a ton of personality, also love my flame hawkfish, he comes and perches up close when your lookin into the tank, and looks right at you with his beady little eye!

akarias

Pinktail triggers get my vote. Never stop checking stuff out and are always watching. Mine will only feed from my fingers lol if the pellets are not from my fingers he won't notice them. It's the only way the other fish get to feed :(.

DBrinson

I have to go with paired saddle clowns ... for reasons I wrote about in this thread.

This post is not in any way an endorsement of said species, as the poster does not wish to sleep on the couch for the rest of his life. Saddle clown females are Evil incarnate. May God have mercy on their souls.