Which Goby should I get?

Frankie

RS STAFF
Yellow citrons eat sps, but the smaller variety are safe.
That's the first time i have heard of that. Mine is surrounded by sps and is very well behaved. Here is what i could dig up on them on the fly:

The Citron Goby, also sometimes referred to as the Citrin or Clown Goby, is a small yellow fish with blue vertical lines around the eyes and gills, and a blue horizontal line along the dorsal fin.
It requires a 30 gallon or larger aquarium and prefers branched corals, often resting on them for hours at a time. It will rarely become aggressive towards other fish, but will fight with its own kind in smaller tanks. It is best if it is kept with other docile species.
It will spawn while in the aquarium, laying eggs that sink into the coral branches where they are protected, however, the young have rarely been reared successfully.
The diet of the Citron Goby should consist of a variety of brine shrimp, frozen mysid shrimp, and table shrimp. Once acclimated, some will accept frozen food preparations for carnivores. If housed in a reef tank, it needs to be fed once a day. If housed in a tank without substrate, it will require several feedings per day.

corrado007

How about a rainford's goby? I've been reading about them lately, they're supposed to be quite friendly. Do they stay out in the open?

SeahorseBT

That's the first time i have heard of that. Mine is surrounded by sps and is very well behaved. Here is what i could dig up on them on the fly:
The two I have has nibbled and I know of 1 other that did the same. There are exceptions to every rule, thats awesome you found a SPS safe one they are cool fish.

lcstorc

I love my clown gibies.
I have 2 yellow and one citron though the yellows are in different tanks. When I tried two yellows in one tank and it was bad.

Varga

Citron goby is a great little character. I also love my diamond spot watchman goby, es always out and you wouldn't believe the structures he builds.

Triggerjay

I used to have a diamond watchman.. then an orange spot... Both of them used to upset my lower level corals. The Orange spot is now in my daughters tank,.. I couldnt handle all the sand on my corals.. lol. Very interesting fish though

Jason

Emg

I HIGHLY recommend the redhead goby....

Here's a link to a short little article (with pics) that I wrote up at another forum on these fish.... Elacatinis Puncticulatis-Redhead goby-Marine - AquariumBoard Forums

Very personable little fish. They are a bit skittish, but they come back quickly and the one I had was constantly scooting around amongst the rock, poking it's head out to see what was going on. It got along very well with my watchman too.

untilthen

if you want a goby to swim all over wouldnt go with a watchman goby... but if you want to pair wit a pistol i would say go wit it then